Norwegian, BOS-LGW delay….Question

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

My flight was due to depart on the 2nd January from BOS-LGW but due to “mechanical issue” with the aircraft (B787-9) the flight was cancelled and we were informed we were now departing 10am on the 4th Jan on a “Priveledge Style” B777-200. We were further informed the aircraft was flying in to BOS on the morning of the 3rd and then the crew needed 24 hours rest. We have been put up in a hotel along with a food allowance. I figure we are now due the maximum eu 261 @ e600.

My first question, has anyone flown this outfit? It seems to be a Spanish Charter airline that generally does wet lease to El Al.

My second question is that I see now from the BOS departure site we already are pushed back by an hour. Should that delay creep further in to eu261 delays is that a new claim or is it the original claim from being delayed on the 2nd?

It goes to show, low cost long haul is great, but if it goes Pete Tong it takes some time for them to put it right!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

MrMichael – Sorry to learn of your plight. I doubt if any of our readers will have flown with this Spanish charter airline and I had thought that the many tech problems that Norwegian experienced with its B787s (in the early days) had been sorted out by now.

You may find this piece from the Norwegian media of interest. It dates from 2015 and tells how passengers coped with a 70-hour delay at Oakland (San Francisco).

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2015/06/03/more-trouble-for-norwegian-air/

icenspice
    Participant

Hello MrMichael

I had never heard of it. A quick glance at its website and the sole B777 in the fleet has 28 Business Class seats. I hope you get one of them.

If it’s any consolation, it appears the airline is often used by Spanish football players!

Wishing you and yours a good flight home.

MrMichael
    Participant

Arr

MrMichael
    Participant

Arrived LGW at 11pm last night, 37 hours later than originally planned and 2 hours later than the reschedule had suggested.

The replacement aircraft did indeed have business seats, the angled lie flat type, I believe the airframe was ex Asiana. Have to say, the Spanish cabin crew were excellent. The entertainKent was a choice of three films, but only up front, econ had no entertainment just blank seatback screens. The flight had an Engineer onboard who was continually in and out of the cockpit with iPad and clipboard in hand. Did not bode too well for me, but we made it!

MrMichael
    Participant

Received notification from my bank today that e2400 had been deposited in my account today. Last week Norwegian admitted liability and sent a power of attorney form for me to fill in that was returned by email same day. That’s exactly twenty one days to process my claim in full from landing late at LGW to payout. I did not use a claims company.

Well done Norwegian, is this a record?

icenspice
    Participant

Happy days, MrMichael. And Norwegian appears to have handled the situation well during the delay.

I have never made a claim under Regulation (EC) No 261. In fact, I can’t even bring myself to read it!

canucklad
    Participant

I’d like to think that how Norwegian behaved was the industry standard……
    I’d also like to think my 6 balls will pop out the machine on Saturday night….
    So well done to Norwegian and well done to MrMichael for calling out the airlines good behaviour

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls