NO MORE HEADSTANDS

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

jsn55
    Participant

If any hotel management people are reading this forum, we need electrical outlets on the desk tops! I’m tired of moving furniture and crawling around to plug in my electronics. Many hotels have ONE outlet built into a lamp, we mostly need three of them. Let’s get with it, guys!

mostlyharmless
    Participant

I hear ya – can’t imagine why I have to choose between a lamp and a laptop, or (at best) between plugging in my laptop & charging my phone…….

And while we’re on the subject of lights, could hotels please get standing or desk lights with easy-to-find switches – spending hours following the cable back to the socket (under chairs, behind curtains…) in the hope of finding a switch somewhere on it is not a valuable use of my time!

JamesMalta
    Participant

I cant picture or place what hotel or chain is like this, always have adequate sockets where I stay. Also if the lighting is not adequate for working, a quick call to housekeepings normally ensures an extra lamp is fitted within minutes.

RebeccaBallatine
    Participant

I never have a problem with sockets for lights and my laptop but it’s irritating to have to carry the kettle around the room looking for a spare socket… I always end up with it on the desk – right next to my laptop…not ideal

judynagy
    Participant

Well, Toby, are you going to tell us where you stay with adequate electrical outlets?

FlyinJK
    Participant

Bloody good point… Why are hotels so stingy with plug points??? This has got to be a major gripe, especially with laptop/phone/blackberry/ipod all being things which seem to need charging at the same time! I might have to start carrying my own extension cord for each country I visit!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls