No more “Golden Row” on BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

PhilipHart, the point of the Golden Row was that (a) you got the same legroom as CE (unless CE extended back sufficiently far to go into the lesser legroom seats behind) – which is effectively still the case albeit only because CE legroom has been reduced – and (b) the middle seat on the left side was left empty. Was (b) not still the case?

The potential other advantage of the Golden Row is that the first few rows get 3″ of recline rather than the 2″ prevailing further back.

For these reasons, if I were flying Euro Traveller, I would still try to get the Golden Row.

PhilipHart
    Participant

Hi Ian

Many thanks for explaining the Golden Row to our fellow BT readers. (I perhaps should have done this myself rather than merely pasting a link).

In answer to your question, the plane we actually flew was equipped with the new seating.

This is exactly the same throughout the aircraft, so there is now no need for BA to leave the middle seat behind the curtain empty. Ergo, no more Golden Row 🙁

Of course it will be a while before the new seating is rolled out across the entire fleet, so if the online seating map indicates a potential Golden Row opportunity, I will – like you – try to grab it.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Ah well, there goes another perk of being a FF – being able to get a free empty seat next to you if you did your free seat bookings early enough. Ho-hum…

ThomasCox
    Participant

Not sure about laptop access (as that would involve booting the cursed thing up whilst flying which I always try to avoid). I can however confirm that the new seating gave me unimpeded access to my gin and tonic. In the interests of research I also tried it with Champagne and a whisky on a recent CE trip. I had ample, unhindered access to all three drinks with the seat in front both in the upright and reclined position. Like-minded readers can now rest easy…

PhilipHart
    Participant

@ThomasCox – LMAO!!

PerthWA
    Participant

Laptop? On a 2 hour flight?
    Crikey mate… Haven’t you upgraded to an iPad yet?! You don’t even need a “table” to rest it on…

canucklad
    Participant

Brilliant ThomasCox – Its all about organizing your priorities in the right order….Champagne surely should have been first.
    And a serious question, does Easyjet have a Golden Row too, surely BA’s new configuration is a copy of the low cost carrier. ?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls