Nigeria visa nightmare

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Globalti
    Participant

Pleased to report that after almost two months, massive frustration and around £1300 of expenditure I finally have my visa for Nigeria. They gave me a single entry TWP visa (Temporary Work Permit) despite me making it clear that I was going for business discussions only.

I have heard several theories to explain this stupidity. As a seasoned Nigeria visitor I can’t help wondering what other little cash-earning surprise they will spring on me as I enter or leave the country; typically they will invent some irregularity meaning that I will have to part with yet more dollars. We shall see.

Adunbijaja
    Participant

I suggest you a best Immigration firm in Nigeria provides the best and honest Immigration services in Nigeria.Visit here for detailed information : http://www.lawandvisas.com/contact

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I suggest that people re-plan and do business with more reasonable countries.

I will not do business with Nigerian firms, but am happy to do so with Ghanaian companies.

jobenam99
    Participant

I used a visa company Ibadek twice and they were quite excellent.

http://www.ibadektyma.com

I’ll recommend them. quite courteous and efficient

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Globalti

You never mentioned what country you’re a citizen off.

I’m afraid Swissdriver has a point; if you hold a UK passport expect to be treated with a little bit more contempt than in the past. As our government becomes more xenophobic with their Visa policies
    And increasingly tars all applicants from certain targeted countries with the same the same brush of suspicion. Then as Brit’s we will unfortunately have to expect more and more reciprocal hoops to jump through!

And in my experiance ( Kenyan) you might need 0p indulge in a little grease palming . always helps to remove obstacles

SimonS1
    Participant

Grease palming for what?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls