NH – Hotel ( Frankfurt City ) Hotel Policy for COVID

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• amarzaidi
    Participant

I made a reservation on Feb 10th 2020 for Jan 11th to Jan 16 at NH Frankfurt City. This was off course done prior to COVID being every where and it was done to attend an exhbition that was supposed to take place during Jan 11 to Jan 16th 2021. I paid 975 Euro for 5 days of accomodation. Now due to Covid event has been delayed until May. New dates are May 4th to May 7th. I requested NH hotel to change my booking accordingly and explained to them that change is only because of COVID -19 and because of this the event has been delayed.

I was surprised to get refusal from NH hotel to change my reservation or giving me any refund. I have never even asked for refund I simply asked for change in reservation.
    I feel i have been treated very unfair. When this pre-paod reservation was made COVID was not a thing. Every major company has allowed traveller to change the dates or even re-funds if there plans have been effected by COVID. I am not asking for refund but simply chnage in dates according to the event being changed due to covid.

Amar Zaidi

MartynSinclair
    Participant

If the NH is an ‘official hotel’ of the exhibition, I would ask the exhibition organisers whether they can put some pressure on the hotel. Seems a little harsh not to agree to move dates during this crisis, as you say, you are not asking for a refund…..

cwoodward
    Participant

As to weather or not you were treated unfairly by the hotel rides very much on the terms under which you made the original reservation. The Hotel would be fully entitled to refuse any change as long they are covered in doing so by the terms of your original reservation.
    Harsh perhaps but there are few free lunches these days particularly from hotels who are all struggling to survive.

ontherunhome
    Participant

During Fairs in Frankfurt hotels can sell rooms for what they like. They have probably already re sold the rooms. It is merciless hotel prices during trade fairs. They gouge you, and will no doubt to make up for lost revenue.

If you booked through official trade fair channels try that avenue, otherwise try NH hotels marketing/complaints direct. Good Luck.

amarzaidi
    Participant

Thanks for all the input. I have written to NH marketing and complaints also but no response. Called the hotel directly several times same answer.
    I just feel it is totally unfair to be this rigid, COVID 19 is part of Force Majur I guess but there has been no adjustment.

SimonS1
    Participant

Maybe worth speaking with your travel insurers to see if this us covered.

amarzaidi
    Participant

Just to update everyone after various emails and complaints and specially after me complaining to European Consumer Center in Germany via email and I have reason to believe our forum here also helped, I recieved an email from the hotel that they have changed their mind and now have amended my reservation. I would like to Thank everyone for their input.
    Kind Regards

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls