New York Hotels … ‘bed bugs’

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

hemispheres
    Participant

A friend reminded me of the New York hotel ‘bedbugs’.

Any update gratefully received.

PatJordan
    Participant

My wife and I stayed in the Crowne Plaza Times Square last September and had no problems. Friends of mine returned from New York last week (don’t know which hotel) and had no “bedbugs”.

Hope this is of help, hemispheres.

Pat

Potakas
    Participant

I spent 4 nights at the Hudson Hotel, it was clean and I received excellent service (+upgrade). The rooms are small though, I was ok but if you are with a girlfriend or wife I don’t know..

IanFromHKG
    Participant

It isn’t just New York, and it isn’t just bedbugs. Lesson learned from a recent trip and from friends’ experiences – take some bugkiller (spray or, preferably, one of those solid/wick ones which are supposed to be left in a room to work constantly) and use it in your luggage so you don’t bring back nasties of any kind. We did this recently on a trip back from Thailand and when taking clothes out of the suitcase a large (dead) cockroach fell out. We weren’t too freaked since we live in Hong Kong where cockroaches are a fact of life, but it could have been something much nastier (mosquitoes carrying malaria/dengue fever spring to mind). The advantage of a spray is you can zap your hotel room when you arrive, the advantage of a wick is you can keep it in your suitcase all the time and you don’t run the risk of a spray damaging your clothes or other belongings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls