New Year onboard

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Giselle
    Blocked

Hi everyone!!
    I have been appointed to travel on the New Year Eve to China with Etihad Airways. Have to confess to being a real fan of that celebration and usually spend it with a great pleasure but this time dreading to be totally bored on the plane. Have you heard about anything special that airlines do during their flights on New Year Eve? Thank you in advance.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

As International as Ethiad may be I doubt they will celebrate New Year on board as its not New Year under the Islamic calender. Am sure however there maybe an acknowledgement as you enter the appropriate time zone.

Giselle
    Blocked

Have you heard about other airlines doing some nice surprises for their passengers? I am sure there should be something that they do.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Im flying from the US to LHR on the 31st. I really hope they don’t make a fuss in the middle of the flight – I want to be asleep!

simmy700
    Participant

Having flown on NYE myself as operating crew, I would imagine that they will not be making any announcements because as ‘Gooner’ said people want to sleep etc. If your not lucky enough to be in Business where you can get champagne then just ask the crew if they can get you some to toast the new year. We offered a glass of champagne on request to economy passengers but the fact was nobody was really interested at all in celebrating the new year. Hopefully you will find somebody to celebrate the new year with at 37,000ft. Good Luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls