New Qantas Safety video

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Down under
    Participant

https://youtu.be/pjRTEjGWuw0?si=lmuIFKttcDu2Qzjp

I am wondering what readers think about this. I find the idea about your favourite place good for an advert maybe but for a safety video. It’s way too long and takes the attention away from the main thing here which should be people taking on board the safety instructions.

Rferguson2
    Participant

Not a fan.

Much prefer the current one.

And I have never known an airline to ‘feature’ so many destinations that they do not even fly to.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MarkivJ
    Participant

9 min safety video? I lost attention after the first 2 minutes. Miss those good ol’ days when safety videos were meant to be short, sweet but impactful. And most importantly, do the most important job of a flight – inform passengers.

I thought the current QR safety video was the worst (global destinations, same concept) but this QF one’s even worse.

DanielRawson
    Participant

Imagining being a regular Qantas flyer and being expected to spend 9 minutes of your life watching that. I’m actually surprised they are even aloud to use these as safety videos. Should be short, sharp and to the point.

justloveflying
    Participant

Wow that was long! I think if one removes the safety elements, this would make a more better video for boarding or maybe during taxi towards the runway for take off. But this was just too much to keep the attenton of passengers for what should be something that is meant to make you pay attention.

Fellow oneworld partner Malaysia Airlines surely have the best ever Inflight Safety video – I have watched it a few times and I am amazed at every second ; very engaging and upbeat 🙂

justloveflying
    Participant

Looks like the BT forum may have been seen by Qantas already !

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qantas-safety-video-under-fire/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls