New Norwegian Service to JFK

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• pheighdough
    Participant

I’ve just been looking at flight options to JFK with Norwegian announcing their new second service. The second service departs Gatwick at 06:00 arriving into JFK at 09:00 and leaves 12:00 arriving back into Gatwick at 23:55 (daytime flight). This fits in nicely with my work, and I’m going to give this new timed route a try.

This makes the trip a little more palatable on the return and the prices are very competitive for the Premium fare. Not a mainstream carrier, but still better timings than everyone else to get me to NYC.

rferguson
    Participant

I just commented the same on the news article 🙂 It must be the earliest arriving flight from any airline anywhere in europe! Will definitely have it’s niche.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I agree. An 0600 hrs departure from LGW must be earliest a scheduled transatlantic service has ever departed the UK. And the same goes for the return as eastbound transatlantic flights would normally land back in the UK around 2200 hrs at the latest.

Expect Norwegian’s cheapest transatlantic fares to be made available on both these flights.

I am sure that a good number of passengers taking that 0600 hrs flight from LGW (bearing in mind the 90-120 mins check-in time) would have spent the night in the terminal.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I think this is fantastic news. Norwegian have come up with up with a niche flight for JFK that as others say could work really well. Hope they get a full Business Class product – but they do have best in class Premium – feedback from clients is superb (for a Premium product – not Business).

FDOS_UK
    Participant

BA isn’t taking this lyng down – changes are needed to compete with Norwegian….

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1806864-no-more-rodda-s.html

icenspice
    Participant

Hi pheighdough

The return times appeal and I don’t know why there are so few daytime flights eastbound.

Westbound…I can’t cope with early starts and 2 in one day is asking too much!

BTW, in the recent Cyber Monday sale, I picked up a super bargain in Premium on the same route. At least I think it was a bargain!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@icenspice – I am with you. A 6 am start means “jet lag” just to get to the airport.

esselle
    Participant

FDOS UK

You can just imagine the press release…..

In response to customer feedback, we have decided to enhance the afternoon tea service. We therefore proudly announce a strategic partnership with the iconic British brand, Mother’s Pride, and our dedicated value engineers will work with them on a new range of sandwich fillings. We are currently very excited about one in particular, smoked salmon flavour. These will be served alongside mugs of builders tea, the rims suitably chipped, or a beaker of Melorest, a wine unique to us.

We will be making a small charge for this going forward, but we will not profit from it; it will only be used to offset some of the costs.

These enhancements may or may not be introduced on a limited number of services, as yet to be decided, at some point in the future.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

esselle

LOL.

I nned to sample this Melorest – I feel I’m missing out 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

esselle

I’ve being doing some research and have got a hit on ‘Melorest’.

Be careful before drinking any – it’s often been rumoured that cabin crew turn the temp up to make pax drowsy and feel like sleeping, goodness knows what drinking this stuff will do to you 😉

https://www.quickcompany.in/trademarks/765372-m-e-l-o-r-e-s-t

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls