New Lounge Maimi

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

neilsoaj
    Participant

Hi Does anyone know when the new lounge at Miami for BA opens

VintageKrug
    Participant

When I visited the oneworld “Premium Lounge” in MIA last month the BA-uniformed lady behind the desk said it would be open “by this time next year”.

Though be warned, MIA is a strange beast and myriad issues could upset that particular plan.

neilsoaj
    Participant

Just shows you as i was told it would be open in August this year!!

MarkCymru
    Participant

I flew out 2 weeks ago and they’ve shifted to the American Airlines lounge (or as VK correctly says, the Oneworld Lounge) which is very large but fairly basic. I heard a couple of people moaning about the paucity of food and the lack of access for WT Plus (apparently they used to be allowed into the old lounge) and no-one said anything about a new lounge

joeadvisory
    Participant

was there last week. after sec u take lift to 5th fl and is oneworld lounge. had a shower but not much to eat or drink but who goes to an airline lounge to eat. aircon was very cold which was good as temp was 33. wireless for free and 2 terminals but both very busy and wireless took easily 15 min to connect. from lounge u need 10 min to BA gate. BA going back was new FC which is crap

neilsoaj
    Participant

Coming back Club but going out in first via Toronto so might be old or new-who knows

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Joeadvisory: Thanks for your update on the Miami lounge.

You will be surprise MANY people would eat in a decent airline lounge. Just had my very good cook-to-order lunch in Sydney QF FIRST lounge today!

BA/CX/LH/QF/SQ all have super lounge food in their FIRST class lounge and quite good food in the BIZ lounge.

Very few in the USA. LAX has a fairly good ONEWORLD lounge with reasonably good food.

Happy dining!

joeadvisory
    Participant

i like your sense of humour

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Glad you liked mine!

I am seeing an increasing number of travellers now expecting a good lounge experience from their national airlines as well as the cabin service.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I am also surprised to hear about a possible new lounge in MIA. Have been in the new One World one a couple of months ago and thought that was it.

This new OW lounge is certainly better than the usual average US airports’ lounges but quite far away from BA T5 lounges. Nothing to write home about.

AndyInSweden
    Participant

I’m travelling BA from Miami in May 2012, have not decided if F or J-cls yet.

Has anyone had a recent experience or an updated schedule on when the BA lounge will be ready?

Is there a difference in lounges if travelling F orJ?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Stick to club apparently they run dont run much NF on this this route, dont know anything about the lounge xx

RichHI1
    Participant

How do you edit thread titles? “Maimi”?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls