New KLM Crown Lounge opens at Schiphol

Back to Forum

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TominScotland 2 Mar 2019
at 10:10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

I know that a good numbers of our readers flying KLM long-haul via Amsterdam.

So I thought you ought to be aware that a new Crown Lounge has opened today.

Full opening will be in summer 2019 when this lounge will almost double in size.

KLM upgrades Amsterdam Crown Lounge

MarcusGB
    Participant

Thank you Alex.

As a regular flying through or into Amsterdam with KLM, i have seen the progressive stages of this new lounge.
    Staff told me “The Cocktail Bar” area will be open into Next year. I congratulated The Senior Manager that was in The Lounge, on the differences already, and he informed me on the progress of the lounge, staged over several floors.

Already, the food concept, with a new Caterer, have produced a Marked improvement in recent weeks.
    Fresher broader choices, good selections of Hot food, Vegetarian also, desserts, and higher quality were being served in The Crown Lounge already when I passed through a few weeks ago.

Looks like this will be a great development for KLM at their Hub, and perhaps considered to be one of the largest, as well as brand new Lounge in Europe, to consider.
    Be interesting to see BT’s Forum Members experiences of this, (or their photos) when they go through compared to other lounges of Other Airlines in Europe.
    This will also serve Skyteam Airlines for Amsterdam, so will be seen and experienced by a wide variety of people, travelling Worldwide on many different Airlines.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

KLM are to be applauded for the way they managed to keep parts of the Non-Schengen lounge open most of the time whilst the upgrades were in progress.

I believe that the completion of the works in 2019 is due to coincide with KLM’s 100th Anniversary year. Although it is the oldest airline operating under it’s original name, it continues to be a progressive and forward thinking airline with commendable customer service levels, long may it continue.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I believe that the completion of the works in 2019 is due to coincide with KLM’s 100th Anniversary year. Although it is the oldest airline operating under it’s original name, it continues to be a progressive and forward thinking airline with commendable customer service levels, long may it continue.

That would appear to be the case with the Amsterdam Crown Lounge.

Looks like this will be a great development for KLM at their Hub, and perhaps considered to be one of the largest, as well as brand new Lounge in Europe, to consider.

Well fully opened it could well be the best in Europe.

But not so sure about Boet Kreiken’s claim that this new lounge will be “the most attractive lounge in the world ; a destination it itself.”

TominScotland
    Participant

First time in the new Lounge – lovely, bright space over two levels. Grossly over-crowded, however.

Food offering is rather better than it was in the past although KLM have certainly learnt from BA in that their hot lunch offerings remind me of what many posters in the past have referred to as ‘slop’ at Heathrow – chilli and goulash!!

Will be good to see the full, final product

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
May cover
May cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls