New entry requirements for UK travellers to Canada

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• jimmy99
    Participant

We have a scary conservative government that has quickly made Canada a very pathetic country to the rest of the world in all sorts of different ways. This useless program is just another way for our PM to continue his arrogance. I apologize on behalf of Canada.

canucklad
    Participant

Hi jimmy99 & conshaldow
    To me, these revenue making schemes are nothing more than a way of imposing taxes on non residents. My cynical side, would suggest it cross subsidises the tax lost, when travellers claim back their VAT or equivalent on departure from a country.
    Next time I go home to BC, I’ll do something I never do…….keep all my receipts !!

Onlyplanes
    Participant

@ canucklad

Unfortunately Canada has ended its tax refund program for all visitors in 2011. I think it was a terrible idea since Canadians travelling abroad can claim tax refund in many countries.

You are eligible for a GST (federal taxes only) refund only if you are part of a tour package or participating in a convention.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls