New Club Europe catering

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Today I experienced the new catering for afternoon tea.

The 4 finger sandwiches have been changed to 2 and half sandwiches. There are now 2 fat fingers, clearly the bread thickness has been doubled & 1 open sandwich + a cake. Scones have gone. I have never seen Club Europe cabin crew look so embarrassed offering this (sub) standard level of catering…

However, a little bit of sunshine was the alternative – a small (and I mean small) plate of meats, scotch egg and cheese – a cut down version of the new alternative longhaul breakfast (well it was available on my last longhaul).

I didn’t take either…

BA really are in a class of their own 🙂 – but on the basis the flights were free (courtesy of avios, i really shouldn’t complain).

Has any one seen any other changes in catering…

conc001
    Participant

Friend of mine works as cabin Crewe at BA. Recently getting fed up with all the cuts and had a very difficult passanger. He snapped snd said “I know it’s not f@@@ing good enough here is the CEOs email address. This is a true story.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=797644]Friend of mine works as cabin Crewe at BA. Recently getting fed up with all the cuts and had a very difficult passanger. He snapped snd said “I know it’s not f@@@ing good enough here is the CEOs email address. This is a true story.

[/quote]

Sweet. Deserves to be dismissed instantly for gross misconduct.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

[quote quote=797648]

Friend of mine works as cabin Crewe at BA. Recently getting fed up with all the cuts and had a very difficult passanger. He snapped snd said “I know it’s not f@@@ing good enough here is the CEOs email address. This is a true story.

[/quote]

Agreed. Email is so impersonal. Should have given the mobile number instead. Now THAT would have been customer service.

Edski777
    Participant

Does anyone have his number??? 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=797608]Today I experienced the new catering for afternoon tea…….

BA really are in a class of their own ? – but on the basis the flights were free (courtesy of avios, i really shouldn’t complain).

[/quote]

I think you have every reason to complain Martyn. We all kid ourselves (myself included) the flights are free thanks to Avios/Miles/Points but they’re not. We pay for those miles in the tickets we purchase.

Defcon5
    Participant

How would you felt if you were a fare paying passenger Martyn?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=797668]

Agreed. Email is so impersonal. Should have given the mobile number instead. Now THAT would have been customer service.

[/quote]

Why can’t the cabin crew member do what 99.9% of the service oriented working population do, i.e. handle the ‘difficult’ customer professionally (hint, their money is no more difficult than anyone elses) and then, if the job is intolerable due to management decisions, find one that works for them?

Swearing at the customer is grossly unprofessional and does not suggest to me that the person has the right temperament to cope under stress, e.g. in an emergency.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=797671]How would you felt if you were a fare paying passenger Martyn?

[/quote]

As a paying customer (to connect onto long haul), I book ET and exit seats – then I hope not to be ‘upgraded’ to CE, as I value the exit legroom much more than the F&B or the free middle seat on the routes I fly.

You can’t use a laptop properly with a 30″ pitch.

BA CE is a sick joke these days.

ontherunhome
    Participant

I think we have seen this gradual slide of quality in the economy cabin, so that the offering became so poor, customer feedback indicated passengers would like to buy on board instead. Is this a tactic so that the bean counters can say, that due to customer demand, and lack of satisfaction, we can scrap CE food/CE product, and have a one class service like Aer Lingus.
    I have now decided to make Silver my target, then use BA as a last resort, and only when schedule and destination favour BA. BA loss Easyjet gain, and a few £ more in my pocket.( though Easyjet is not always less than BA) The sooner that joker Cruz goes the better. You can *iss of some customers some of the time, but not all the customers all of the time. The shareholders will like it short term, but the long term damage is going to huge and difficult to put right. ( and expensive)

canucklad
    Participant

Apologies in advance, but I’m going to crisscross more threads than Betsy Ross .

First I’d recommend reading Victoria Coren Mitchell’s article attached to “Please bring back my old BA” topic. Arguably the most insightful and damaging criticism of the airline I’ve read anywhere. .
    And just reinforces Martyn’s observations about his recent CE experience.

Now onto the FlyBe to LHR topic. If my flight on Wednesday goes as well as my recent FlyBe flights including my free chocolate at the end, BA can say goodbye to my business between LHR & EDI.
    Cheaper, more cheerful and 2X2 seating with reasonable pitch. BA simply can’t compete.

Lastly” Level”, as Vueling seems to be the template for BA short haul, will the Catalan upstart prove to be test bed for BA’s long haul proposition? Time will tell ?

I just wish BA would drop the British, as we approach Brexit , I want the rest of the world to associate “British” with quality and assurance, not mediocrity and austerity.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Yesterday I flew EI from LHR to BHD. I was happy to consider the BoB option and have used it before on EI and U2, however, I was not happy when told the £10 I handed over to pay for the €5 drink would result in my change being in €. I thought they must be short of change so offered to pay with a card then was told the price was still €5 and my card would be charged in €! Why????? What happened to £? Can they just pick any currency?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=797792]Yesterday I flew EI from LHR to BHD. I was happy to consider the BoB option and have used it before on EI and U2, however, I was not happy when told the £10 I handed over to pay for the €5 drink would result in my change being in €. I thought they must be short of change so offered to pay with a card then was told the price was still €5 and my card would be charged in €! Why????? What happened to £? Can they just pick any currency?

[/quote]

EI flying from BHD to LON is a cabotage flight (exercising EU rights) and it’s about how their onboard prime billing currency or currencies is/are setup and yes, the airline can choose.

EI is an Irish airline and it sells in € (the national currency), as does Ryanair.

BA is a British airline and sells in £ – you can pay with an Irish credit card, but will be charged in £. If BA offered cabotage flights in Europe, it could still charge in £.

easyJet sells in £ or €, but the FX rate is ridiculous, e.g. for a bacon butty you can pay either £4.50 or €6.00, whereas a proper conversion would be £5.20.

IIRC, Norwegian sell in NOK/DKK/SEK/EUR in Scandinavia and the Nordics, but also offer GBP on international flights.

Swissdiver
    Participant

GBP-EUR forex rates might indeed be funny. When taking the train from Dublin to Belfast, choice is given to pay either in GBP or in EUR, and it is an obvious one provided you are carrying the currency or a credit card in that currency. Otherwise, the bank’s fees might surpass the ridiculous forex rate, on small amounts.

Back to this new Spanish management outrage, that I hardly understand. We are pushed to upgrade (with cash or points), which is a strategy I can understand. So why killing it with another downgrade of the business class service? Absurd.

canucklad
    Participant

@SwissDiver and all
    Every Ryanair flight I’ve flown on, has allowed me to pay in Sterling or Euro’s with change offered in the currency paid and on rare occasions paid in left over Euro’s and change given in GBP’s
    But then again Ryanscare have mastered the art of BoB

So I don’t understand how other airlines can’t use FR as a template.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls