New BA Uniforms

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

“Last week it was reported in the media that a poll taken amongst cabin crew revealed that a large majority were critical.”

As of course they would be as only those critical would have bothered to vote.

Another totally meaningless ‘poll’ unless a high percentage of the crew voted. What percentage of the crew number total cabin crew voted 1%-2% maximum would be my guess. Another nonsense ‘filler’ story?

2 users thanked author for this post.

theflyingnurse
    Participant

@cwoodward,”The days of an overriding glamor focus for the selection and uniforms of female cabin crew are past and and one cannot argue with that. (although it was perhaps rather nice for us chaps at the time !)”
    That statement makes me cringe.

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

”The days of an overriding glamor focus for the selection and uniforms of female cabin crew are past and and one cannot argue with that. (although it was perhaps rather nice for us chaps at the time !)”

This was not any way a statement – more of a truth.
    Perhaps for so me not palatable to mention today but none – the -less true of the times.

Are we to ignore the past and as some seem bent on doing attempt rewrite history to reflect a passing radical view point ?

theflyingnurse
    Participant

@cwoodward, I think you misunderstood me, what made me cringe was “rather nice for us chaps at the time”. It makes you come across as rather lecherous. I see nothing wrong with glamour at all. It is not a radical viewpoint to feel uncomfortable with what you are implying so please don’t try to justify it.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

theflyingnurse I have been flying now for 50 years and can assure you that I have never been lecherous (‘to be full of strong sexual desire and to act on it,usually in an unpleasant way)

I could take exception to your post however I feel sure the insult was not intended so let’s move on.

Back in the seventies and eighties airlines aggressively ‘sold’ glamour of cabin crew and that glamour was appreciated by most is what my light hearted comment intended to convey.

1 user thanked author for this post.

theflyingnurse
    Participant

@cwoodward, I am pleased to hear you have “never been lecherous”. You are most welcome to take offence at how I perceived your comment “rather nice for us chaps at the time”. It was you made the comment and I have not been insulting in any way. I found your comment rather innapropriate and readers can make their own minds up as to how they perceive it and you. I am all for glamour but my post wasn’t about that and you know it.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

cwooward – “As of course they would be as only those critical would have bothered to vote”- . What a silly comment. True the article was short on data specific but to assume. no guess, that only those who didnt like the uniform would vote is without foundation.

bobm
    Participant

I have not yet a crew member who actually likes the new uniform. Speaking to a couple of friends, when the new uniform was originally shown it was made with very high quality materials& cut very well. However, BA once the design was approved appear to have down graded all of the materials used & adjusted the cut to save on production costs.

One of my friends shared that the uniform was very similar to the uniform Butlins had in the 1980’s, so it appears not to be an original design but once copied.

FDOS
    Participant

It sounds to me as if the new uniform is appropriate for the airline.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls