Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

esselle
    Participant

Flew BA in J LHR-SVO earlier this week. First time in NCW for a while, and found it really dreary. Seat is OK, but rattles and shakes if pax in opposite side moves, drops table etc. Food service average, staff good, Nice, though, to get a long haul product on a shortish sector.
    Return on SU left BA for dead in terms of service, but mid-haul product and woefull catering was not great.
    How do you get it right on this “mid-haul” sector?

BigDog.
    Participant

Hardly comparable with the venerable New College (1379) or New Forest (1086) it therefore appears BA is emulating “New Labour” in deluding the public with a hackneyed “New” prefix. Though at least Labour now has the sense to start ditching its new and replacing it with.. one nation??

Should BA now follow suit and go with One Nation Club World ? Nice Club World? Nearly Club World? Nebulous Club World?

So before trading standards get involved, lets help BA out here. Suggestions for a more appropriate name for NCW, either post here or mail directly to the BA innovative thinking team… or is that an oxymoron.

Deleted_User
    Participant

BigDog.

Not Club World.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Surely BA have R & D working on the next generation Club World product. Mind you, if the NF rollout is anythng to go by, it may take another 10 years for the project to be rolled out and fitted.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I have always been a fan of Club World, but BA need to have something radical up their sleeves in the not too distance future or they will be left behind. They can’t simply rely on the frequency and timings of LHR departures to key destinations to ensure a high load rate. At some point even the most loyal passengers will realise they have options with other airlines. We now have the potential that even AA will have a better J product on LHR flights. CX are rolling out their new J product on HKG / LHR.

This week I unexpectedly found myself on Oman Air from Male to London after my BA flight went technical, and the Oman J product, seat and service, was more First class than business class. Very impressive at all levels.

I know it’s a different business model, Oman like the other gulf airlines are trying to build themselves up as a hub and with only 20 J seats can offer more personalised service, but as word gets round that there are superior products elsewhere, even the most loyal customers (and with a gold card for the last 15 years I am one of those), will be sorely tempted to try other options.

I am suprised, like others on here, that BA is not doing something different with the A380s unless it’s the best kept secret ever, but if A380s and 787 are both to get the “now quite old” NCW with bouncy tables, limited storage space and “premium economy” standard catering, when will the next generation New Club World show it’s face? If it doesn’t happen soon, there seems to be an increasing number of reasons to give other airlines a chance to take my business.

esselle
    Participant

BigDog

Nice to have a bit of levity on a sunday morning.

Original Club World. Classic Club World. “Vintage” Club World. Recent Club World.

It has prompted me to start referring to my three year old grandchild as New Grand Daughter.

BigDog.
    Participant

Esselle
    Thanks for rib tickler. You have another 10 years now before having to come up with an alternative name for your “New” Grand Daughter 😉

As to your and Simon’s suggestions – brilliant, so many connotations.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

Having just checked the travel classes link at BA.COM they do not make reference to NCW. So is this not a bit of a pointless thread; unless of course you just like to bitch about BA??

BigDog.
    Participant

Hi Cheeryguy.
    Suggest you enter “New Club World” into Google and check out the myriad of sites, threads, seatplans, advisors, BA partners etc, who use the term and have them agree on another term first. Until then the world and his dog appear happy using “New Club World” to differentiate between the Old and slighty younger version still being rolled out over the last decade.
    And if you are considering buying a new car, please advise the new car dealership that you are referring to the latest 2006 model 😉

Tim2soza
    Participant

You can experience the latest Club World cabin on all our Boeing 747 and Boeing 777 aircraft. The original, award-winning Club World cabin featuring the world’s first fully flat bed is fitted on our Boeing 767 aircraft.

http://www.ba.com

Bruce98
    Participant

Club World is okay, in fact 1999 (Dusk) Club World is still okay, compared to some airlines. I took the latter a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how comfortable it was, even if it looked old fashioned, with the weird fan divider.

BAs issue is that they were leading edge innovators with Old NCW, incrementalists with NCW and now have a mature product in a market that is starting to overtake them.

They are still okay with CW for a few more years, but the competitive advantage is evaporating fast.

So what is up their sleeve?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls