National Car Rental

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

Recently hired a car from these at Leeds Bradford airport, as they don’t have an on site office they charge a “meet & greet” fee. This I accepted at £15.00. When I picked the car up there was acharge of £17.50 but the guy said this would be removed.

Of course I ended up being billed £17.50 and on contacting their customer service it was implied that I was not telling the truth! Eventually they said they would refund the £17.50, but alas they only refunded £2.50 (all plus VAT).

Moral of the story, don’t trust National to deliver what they say and if there is any variation get it in writing and avoid airport locations like LBA that don’t have on site service. Watch also for parking charges I was also charged £9.00 for parking their car as directed.

I will never use National again

cecstrn
    Participant

National is sorry for any inconvenience caused to Mr Tarrant. We will be investigating the customer service issues he has highlighted as a matter of urgency.

To clarify, Leeds Bradford Airport is serviced by our Leeds North location which is 5 minutes from the airport. Customers currently wishing to be met at the airport are offered our meet and greet service which is £15 and this is what Mr Tarrant should have been charged. As a gesture of goodwill we have refunded Mr Tarrant the total charge for the service. With regard to the parking costs, we do work hard to make rental charges and any associated costs as transparent as possible to our customers and as such, the parking arrangements at Leeds Bradford Airport were clearly detailed on the rental agreement. However, we fully accept the current parking arrangements are not ideal at this location and the situation is currently being reviewed.

williamgeorge
    Participant

In the past few years I’ve had to rent more than my fair share of rental cars. I’ve rented from Hertz, Enterprise, Budget, Dollar, and a handful of smaller local companies. Some of those were better than others, but rarely did I find a reason to try to go back to the same rental company the next time. In fact after joining Hertz’s loyalty program hoping that I could establish some kind of regular purchase/reward deal with them I found myself constantly playing middle man between what Hertz corporate would tell me, and the privately owned Hertz Local Edition shops that acted like Hertz corporate was screwing them and it was my fault. Combined with them frequently not even having cars available I gave up.
    ————
    george
    New Cars

kukuruza
    Blocked

National is sorry for any inconvenience caused to Mr Tarrant. We will be investigating the customer service issues he has highlighted as a matter of urgency.

Noor786
    Participant

In fact after joining Hertz’s loyalty program hoping that I could establish some kind of regular purchase/reward deal with them I found myself constantly playing middle man between what Hertz corporate would tell me, and the privately owned Hertz Local Edition shops that acted like Hertz corporate was screwing them and it was my fault. Combined with them frequently not even having cars available I gave up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls