Nairobi airport strike strands many passengers (March 6)

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks, Alex

Am in Nairobi and flying back Thursday. Am told locally and by Kenya Airways that all will be normal tomorrow….

If not, road to Kilamanjaro beckons!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

Always expect the unexpected in Nairobi.

I left last week, my EK flight had to turn back when over Ethiopia when a lady gave birth in the rear cabin.

peter19
    Participant

Hope you get back TominScotland or make the most of it. It’s certainly not the best airport to be stranded in!

Last year I arrived into NBO on a one-way ticket and was then transferring to a BA flight back (which was a non-partnered airline so a different ticket). I couldn’t get my ticket electronically. I used the transfers route, got into departures without any notice or ticket. I was flying Business with BA so got into the Turkish replacement lounge just by chatting to front desk. I sat around for a few hours before the one world desk opened (which had no sign posting or any reference to BA. Just Qatar – fine if you know the one world link). Went along to have my bags already accounted for with the weights on a piece of paper and got my ticket printed! No need to even go back out and check the bags in.

If I remember right i think this was also the flight that had moved waiting passengers into the pre-boarding area before the flight. The flight was then delayed, and some people has been in the pre-boarding with no toilet for several hours. By the time it got to boarding it was the usual rammy to get on board plus half the passengers just needing to get on the plane to use the facilities!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls