MSc Thesis Business Travel Survey

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

KarriKauppi
    Participant

Dear All

I am a MSc student in Cranfield University, studying Air Transport Management. For my thesis I am researching how the Low Cost Carriers have affected on the business travel market. I would appreciate it greatly if you could give 5-6 minutes of your time and fill out the survey via the link. All of your responses will be dealt anonymously and for academic purposes only. If you have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ShortHaulBusinessTravelSurvey

Thank you

Karri Kauppi

Tim2soza
    Participant

Done.

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi KarriKauppi,

survey done, best of luck with your thesis.

Pat

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well thought out survey. Also completed it.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Good luck .. Hope the findings are constructive

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think one thing that could be added, is people’s perception of travelling with a LCC. I know several “executives” who would rather take two flights, or even a plane and a train than fly with certain LCC’s.

KarriKauppi
    Participant

Thank you all for your responses and for those who haven’t completed, please do so. Your help is truly appreciated.

@ LuganoPirate, part of the research or my hypothesis is that some business travelers are exactly as you mention. Thus no matter what LCCs offer they wont step on board. In the survey I try to get an idea of it by having different questions for those who haven’t travelled with LCC.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Karri. It would be great if you would share your research with us after you’ve finished. Good luck with it.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Karri some of your questions such as numbers 4 and 6 are on the biased side towards the positive – there is no option to record a decrease.

Question 3 assumes that the participant has chosen a LCC in the first place. I suspect that too many years on a research ethics committee has taken its toll, but this is researcher bias which we would have thrown out at the first stage. Similarly but in contrast, question 5 assumes that the participant has not used a LCC.

Thw words review, lack and peer come to mind. Well seeing you don’t want CSO funding.

Sorry to be so negative, appreciate that MSc in any professon is very much the introduction to research and its governance, often the one and only ever experience. Good luck as others have said, but there are plenty nurses (etc) out there whose MSc never took off because they faltered at this stage.

KarriKauppi
    Participant

Dear Jim

Thanks for your comments, you’re absolutely right about every single thing you say. Have to say that it was more technical reason as I made a mistake with the program. Stupid mistakes, but I guess you’ll come easily blinded about your own work. Thanks again, comments like this makes it easier to improve the quality of the work!

Regards

Karri

MPietilä
    Participant

Survey done!

NTarrant
    Participant

Good survey, all done. Hope it goes well. Hope you will share the results

Nigel

blondcat
    Participant

all done – good luck with your Masters!

Potakas
    Participant

Done 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls