Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

Heading to fancy Luxembourg next week, where Uber is not available. On its pre-stay email, the Accorhotel I am staying in suggest to book a transfer using a company called https://www.mozio.com/. At first sight, it looks good. DOes anyone had experience with them?
    Thanks

capetonianm
    Participant

They’re not a transport company, it’s a portal/aggregator which comes up with local operators for your journey, shows prices, and allows you to book. It was integrated into the travel booking site of a company I did some work for a few years ago.

I never used it although the option was there I couldn’t see the point, and I am a great believe in simplicity, and the more links there are in a chain, the more likely it is that one will break.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, capetonianm. I generally tend to agree with you. But when you have no clue about the local players, it can help…

Sandie
    Participant

I used Mozio in Baku last year. On time, clean car, polite driver, straight to the hotel and back to airport day after.
    A bit more expensive than a local taxi (but then you need to haggle), yet affordable and worth the convenience.
    Think I booked it through the Agoda website.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

I’ve looked at Mozio a few times, but they’ve always quoted prices way above the competition.

For example, for a trip I’ll be taking later from my hotel in Cebu to the local airport, Mozio’s best offer is 1,277 Pesos. The local ride-hailing company (Grab) is quoting 531 Pesos, apparently for a similar sized car.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I ended up searching online and found http://www.webtaxi.lu. Great service (similar to Uber Black), slightly less expensive than Mozio (about 10%). But I guess Mozio would be an option where no online offering is available.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls