More customer service cost savings at BA.

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• openfly
    Participant

I was in the T5 First lounge this morning. I had a problem that needed a managers input. I asked at the desk to speak to a duty manager…one of the friendly folk who are so responsive.
    The nice lady at the desk then told me that all Customer Service managers had gone as part of the latest cost savings. It’s a new directive from the board. I expressed my point that obviously premium customers are no relevance in the latest BA plans.
    A few minutes later a manager did appear and sympathised that this action had been taken. She said that obviously there had been protests from the managers but this was the end for these very helpful BA Managers. Well now we know what the BA board thinks about premium passengers.

canucklad
    Participant

The answer is simple, especially at BA who love cost cutting
    Have less managers (through natural attrition) and redirect authority through empowerment to normal BA staff

1 user thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

I’m sure that I am not the only one who fondly remembers the “Special Services” teams, who were always available either in person or on the phone, and who were solely focused on sorting out problems for premium pax.

They got the chop in about 2008.

Was Walsh in charge in those days?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I wonder just how much they actually saved by removing these staff members? Something for the board to reflect on as they sit in the free first class seats on one of their freebies.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=948960]I’m sure that I am not the only one who fondly remembers the “Special Services” teams, who were always available either in person or on the phone, and who were solely focused on sorting out problems for premium pax.

They got the chop in about 2008.

Was Walsh in charge in those days?[/quote]

Yes, since 2005.

StephenLondon
    Participant

The ‘special services’ team are still very much there…now called the Concorde Team. However, just try to get ahold of them when things are going wrong…regular staff at the desk say that they never answer their phone! But they exist not only in London but at JFK as well. This is the primary focus, however, of the Concorde Team…LHR-JFK pax.

esselle
    Participant

Possibly so, but the SS teams were widespread and accessible.

My favourite was Marianne who used to be based at CDG.

openfly
    Participant

@esselle….wow there’s a memory, the wonderful Marianne at CDG. Such a competent person….and great personality.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

How sad to see yet another ill thought out cost cutting measure and the further demise of a once really great airline!!

rodders
    Participant

I believe that the Special Services Team?Concorde Team can be found by the small office on the left just as you enter the Concorde lounge.
    I also recall the days of the Executive Assistants who used to work in the CEO’s office, they could work wonders if there was an issue, Rosalie helped me out on many occasions, solving issues in a flash…..hey ho!

openfly
    Participant

@Rodders….nope that office has been closed according to the desk outside! More cost savings….😟😟

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls