Monarch Airlines Premium (short-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

karen_pinder1
    Participant

Flight from Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh 15th July and Return 29th July. On a Airbus A330-200 configuration 2-4-2 in premium cabin. 3-4-3 in economy. Outbound flight left about 10 minutes late, takeoff very smooth. Seats (which I had paid extra for) were worth every penny. It was a extremely comfortable journey.

No inflight entertainment. We did not order meals so I cannot comment on those, however once we took off for those people that had ordered them, they were served straight away. Then came the bar I must admit I was dissapointed they had no Jack Daniels (my holiday tradition) so I had to have a Bombay Saphire (maybe a new holiday tradition) duty free came around and my daughter purchased a flight pack which included a neck pillow, blanket and eye mask which was £5.

The landing was ok but people began to stand up before the seat belt sign was switched off whilst the plane was still moving towards the terminal and the pilot told them off… good for him… I found the staff very friendly and informative.

Return again allocated the same seats as the flight out,excellent. We departed on time. I had a bacon sandwich, the best bacon sandwich I have ever had (That could have been because I had been in a Muslim country for 2 weeks with no bacon). My only negative comment about the return was that the drinks trolley only came around once I do think they should have come around again. I went to the front and purchased a orange juice no problem. The landing again quite smooth. Again the flight crew were excellent.

I must comment that there was loads of empty storage in the overhead lockers. You could put loads up there.

Absolutley loads of leg room both ways. The seat back screans had the flight map on so you knew where you were flying over, which was interesting. I will definately fly with Monarch again. We were very impressed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls