Monarch Airlines Economy (long-haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Schmal1975
    Participant

When I booked my holiday to Rhodes, Greece through Thomson, I expected to be flying with Thomson as I have on previous occasions. However on this occasions they had sub contracted out the flight to Monarch.

Monarch spoiled and cheapened my holiday experience at both ends. They have tired old aircraft, the seat backs stop below the neck so provide no support for comfort or safety; you would get your neck snapped in a collision – i.e. they are dangerous!

The cabin was extremely cramped and uncomfortable with no room for any movement (unless you are a hobbit) extremely awkward when other passengers need to move. There was not even enough room to lower the meal tray properly it ended up resting on the arm rests and my knee and got even worse when the passenger in front reclined their seat.

The air was dry and got progressively staler throughout the flight, and there was not even the basic provision of air nozzles to control airflow. Both my partner and I are suffering from throat and chest infections/irritation post flight.

The air hostesses were only interested in selling more product and there were far too few rubbish collections and nowhere to store rubbish because there was no room. It was generally an experience of slow torture and time seemed to slow down.

Until now for me personally, Ryan Air held the crown for worst customer experience, but they make Monarch look like rank amateurs in comparison. Had I known what the travelling conditions would be like, I would never have booked the holiday in a million years.

craigwatson
    Participant

You talk of Thompson, Ryan Air and Monarch, well need it be said…. you get what you pay for, you pay for low cost (charter) flight/holiday you get low cost service.

And I would not call greece long haul by any stretch of the immagination. 4 hour flight is still short haul.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls