missing thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

Is it me or has the Hk thread gone Awol, whilst not travel related Per se’, although with it all kicking off one may take it as an advisor. or has BT removed it for fear the forum may bed blocked by the GFW, well i have news for you, it already is and on the days it isnt you cannot post as recaptcha is blocked unless you are using a VPN, which on the mainland is pretty tough to do

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

It’ll have been removed by Alex, possibly my fault as I replied to a comment made by capetonianm , apologies if I was the straw that broke the moderators back. , so to speak

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As we’ve said many times before, the forum is here for posters to discuss travel-related matters.

The moment we start talking about politics it’s only a short matter of time before matters become very heated, and the HK one was no exception.

There are lots of places you can argue on these topics, but not here.

Whether it’s Brexit, Trump, China, Egypt, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Israel… This isn’t the place to discuss the rights or wrongs of the domestic or foreign policies of countries and governments.

We don’t have the moderators for it, and in addition, what many posters regard as fair comment and simple truth, others regard as completely unacceptable. As with much of the internet, there is no middle ground. We’ve experimented with letting people argue it out, and the result was general outrage, subscribers cancelling subscriptions and accusations against editorial staff of racism.

So that’s that. Threads started on these subjects will be deleted, and those that go that way will be moderated to delete all those posts.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Tom – I could not agree more.

Hopefully that will be the last time you have to comment on such matters.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls