Miles & More miles compatible with Mileage Plus

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

AlexandraRiegler
    Participant

I would like to use my M&M miles to book an one-way flight with United. I somehow assumed – since United is a Star Alliance member – that M&M miles would be compatible with Mileage Plus miles. But the Mileage Plus customer agent can only work with a Mileage Plus number.

Problem:
    – One-ways can’t be booked online via M&M, only on the phone (but not on weekends) – that’s why I tried calling Mileage Plus in the first place.

Could I transfer my M&M miles to Mileage Plus, say, within a day?

Unwriten
    Participant

Hell Alexandra, if i’m right, you can not transfer miles betwen two differnt milage program.

Senator
    Participant

AlexandraRiegler,

Whilst both M&M and Mileage Plus offer one way tickets paid for by miles, they tend to be only for the home carrier of the programme:
    Mileage Plus – United (and Continental)
    M&M – Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian etc

There are ways you can covert from one programme to another programme via third parties. However, I believe the conversion rates are so poor it makes no sense to do it.

You will probably be better off buying an in-expensive one way ticket with United.

WestBay
    Participant

Go to any Lufthansa office and they will do it for you with any of the Star Alliance aircarriers – I did it a number of times: it works!
    Serge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls