Miles & More mileage calculator

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Stefano
    Participant

I know for sure now that Miles & More is cheating upon its customer.
    I was checking out my account after a recent flight to notice that the amount of miles that were published to be earned on my particular flight weren’t charged after all. And that because the system for calculating the mileage is different than the one shown on their webpage. The calculation is made on the one way basis, which gives me a lot less mileage then if taking my flight as a round trip. And this is very normal by M&M which is willing to grant me with a Goodwill token. To me this is very tricky and misleading.
    Did any of you encounter the same problem? And which solution did you get?
    Have a safe travel you all.

Senator
    Participant

Stefano,

Could you provide exact details? From/To and booking class? I have not had any issues with this…

Stefano
    Participant

Hello Senator,
    the travel is LUG-JFK-LUG via ZRH on Swiss.
    Travel class Economy: to JFK in P and from JFK with Q.
    According to the system I should receive 10110 with the FTL Bonus.
    The just get 8634 with bonus because the calculate with the same system but based on one flight. I had the same prob in January on BKK-MXP in C class. It’s a scam! I tell you.
    Thx for any line you like to add. Ste

Senator
    Participant

Hi,

I have not had any issues, so I looked at the M&M Mileage Calculator:
    LUG-ZRH in P = 125 miles (156 with 25% bonus)
    ZRH-JFK in Q = 3919 miles (4899 with 25% bonus)
    If your ticket is return with the same booking class your assumption is correct.

I do around 60-70 segments a year on LX, LH, and other Star carriers. I can’t remember getting the wrong miles, just not posted at all which happens once or twice a year.

I would do the following:
    1. Use the online credit system and submit as “missing” miles to see if it corrects the error
    2. If this doesn’t work, call your local M&M Service centre
    3. If not, send a message to the service centre.
    I find all of them very responsive.

Good luck!

christopheL
    Participant

Dear Stefano,
    If your ticket was P from LUG to JFK via ZHR and Q from JFK to LUG via ZUR, then the calculation made by M&M should be correct.
    P is “restricted economy” with only 125 miles one way for a domestic flight within Switzerland and 50% distance miles for a one way intercontinental flight.
    Only Q is “semi flexible economy” with 500 miles for a domestic flight and 100% distance miles for an intercontinental flight.

Stefano
    Participant

Thank you all dear traveller.
    Believe me I am not begging for miles. The bottom line is that I like people and companies in general to keep their words. I am aware of such tricky ways or put it in a better way system problems. So do me a favor: log in to miles-and-more.com > mileage calculator.
    Ask the system to provide you with the mileage you can earn on the above stated flight: and see if I am wrong. The total is 10110 miles. They state this not me! Oh! by the way, I am logging in as a Swiss national with italian language. Maybe with a differtent location and a different language, the system react differently. And believe me, even M&M in Switzerland after an online look with me, stated their system is not right. But, nothing else then …sorry, and hope for the better.
    Still a scam to me! But thanks for reacting folks………….

Senator
    Participant

Stefano,

I think it is a simple case of errors (either technical or human). I don’t believe it is a “scam”.

Every time I’ve had “errors” on my account they have been rectified, so my suggestions stand.

Good luck!

christopheL
    Participant

Dear Stefano,
    It took me some time but finally, I got it !
    In the Mileage Calculator language, segment 1 is LUG to ZRH and segment 2 is ZRH to JFK.
    You need to make 2 different calculations. One for the outbound flight (with “economy P” for both LUG to ZRH and ZRH to JFK segments) and one for the inbound flight (with “economy Q” for both JFK to ZRH and ZRH to LUG segments).
    I’m afraid you made your calculation as if segment 1 was LUG to JFK (via ZRH) and segment 2 was JKF to LUG (via ZRH).
    Many thanks to M&M to offer a calculator wich is so difficult to use !!!

Stefano
    Participant

hello dear Senator and ChrisopheL, I paste the 2nd reply Miles & More just sent me.

When you use the mileage calculator, you will need to enter the outbound and inbound routes separately if they are booked in different classes.

No where is such a criterium written. You still think it is not tricky? I do.
    But anyway, have nice travels…..and a great day.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, Stefano, you were a lucky man. They credited your miles on they own. I usually have to claim for about 50% of the M&M flights… For a GVA CAI in Jan, it required even several emails, two faxes, a number of phone calls. Finally someone at Swiss took over and managed it … 4 months later. I guess it was the case because I was traveling business class, I am a premium M&M member and it was a e-ticket! Absurd!

So much for the so called German efficiency…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls