Miami Oneworld lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

travelworld
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve trasited through Miami, where my recollection was that there was a rather small BA Terraces lounge. Having been through three times in the last fortnight it appears to have been replaced by an enormous “Premium” lounge for the use of BA, Iberia and Airberlin passengers, plus American (athough they have several separate Admirals Club facilities). The only snag with the new lounge is that its shelves are bare; there is a very limited F and B offering with almost no reading material. It has the look of a room that’s about to be repossessed by the bank. Does anyone know if this is likely to be BA’s home for the forseeable future? It’s fairly ghastly…

terminal
    Participant

Sounds like any lounge in the USA – and while you might expect BA and maybe IB so be a cut above the rest, that would just mean the lounge would be over run with one worlds flying with AA or someone else, so defeat the object of the lounge – similar at T3 in London, the BA lounge is much better, I think, than the AA one so if you have status worth going there.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The Premium oneworld lounge opened in Feb 2011. Here are some pics from the MIA website:

http://www.miami-airport.com/vip_premium_lounge.asp

It’s not the best lounge, but is only meant to be temporary until BA can get back into its own concourse which has a proper BA Galleries lounge with a First section and showers. However, as is the way with the mafia controlled MIA, it’s anyone’s guess when BA will be allowed back into its own space again.

I had soup and “champers” (Mumm Cordon Rouge) when I was last in there, but your description of it feeling as if it’s about to be repossessed is apt. Lovely ladies on the desk, though.

BillCrewsDC
    Participant

I enjoyed this lounge on April 25 before heading to LHR in BA First. I found it quite nice. there was both hot and cold food, soup sandwiches, veggies, desserts, beverages including champagne although self serve. It was kept well stocked by at least two attendants. The views were good of the tarmac. There are about 5 showers, one of which I used and it was quite nice. there is a big service bar area that wasn’t being used, but give me a break about being repossessed. The check-in folks were quite nice and BA has a gate agent there to do the passport control. I’m not sure what but the most luxurious accommodations would please the previous commenters

SenatorGold
    Participant

I tend to agree with Bill. I’ve used the Oneworld Premium lounge several times, the last being in early March in transit between Port of Spain and LHR. There is usually plenty of seating. The food offering might not be the most extensive but its quite sufficient. There was a decent wine selection including sparkling wine. I enjoyed having a shower. The BA lady on duty at the desk is indeed very friendly and helpful. It might not be up to the standard of a BA Galleries lounge but its really not that bad. It’s certainly better than the AA Admirals Lounge at MIA where you have to pay for food other than pretzels and cookies. Furthermore I flew AA business class from Port of Spain to MIA. I discovered AA don’t provide lounge access at Port of Spain. I was able to have lounge access only because I have a Priority Pass card.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I suppose it looks as if it’s about to be repossessed as it’s much more sparse than most BA lounges.

It’s not all that bad for a waiting room, but it would be better if BA was able to access its existing purpose built lounge, which I presume is still mothballed; MIA has prohibited this while its never-ending renovations are ongoing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls