Merkel flyes #Iberia #economy class to Buenos Aires G20

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• biguli76
    Participant

Due to an emergency landing into Koeln CGN of Konrad Adenauer Airbus 340-300 of yesterday, german Chancellor Frau Angela Merkel is now on her way to Baires EZE on board Iberia’s Airbus 330-200 EC-MLB with more than 12h of delay to G20 meeting. #Luftwaffe and #Lufthansa disaster of immage.
    https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article184710386/Angela-Merkel-spricht-von-ernsthafter-Stoerung-Luftwaffe-findet-Grund-fuer-Panne.html

capetonianm
    Participant

I wonder if she will claim EU261 compensation?

Does Luftwaffe count as an airline in that context?

1 user thanked author for this post.

biguli76
    Participant

Don’t think so ^-^

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Do you think she really flew Economy? I must say I would not give up my seat in a premium cabin for her. The only person I’d give up my seat for would be HM the Queen. I guess if the Dutch King had a similar problem he’d just bump the pilot and fly the plane himself! 😉

2 users thanked author for this post.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Dnt give up my business seat for anyone! Once did for First upgrade!
    Gentleman speaks English so atleast he could have had a conversation, she’s a clever woman, been Chancellor a long time-he might have learnt something!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just read she did fly Business after all. Another passenger reported she was sitting next to him he and remarked on how pleasant she was!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls