Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

CW to LHR to HKG 28 nov to 2 dec…..£5800!!! BA25 and 26

c,mon, I must be doing something wrong on the booking. that is rediculous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Something must be happening in HKG around that time. I’ve promised the kids a visit to HKG and all the flights are either full or very expensive.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Virgin is over 6 grand and CX has no business availability at all. BA and CX have no first. Looks like a busy time.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes, it’s the outbound on the 28th which is the issue.

You can fly exIstanbul on 29th for £1,687 r/t in Club, back on 3rd but more convenient (if exEU is ever convenient…) is exMilan Linate at £1,928.

Seems to one of those situations when varying your plans by even one day could save thousands.

Use the low price finder for the least expensive exLON fare:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/deal-finder-list/public/en_gb

Bucksnet
    Participant

BA are now using the new booking screen layout they’ve been using on short haul flights for a while now, and it’s the return on the 2nd that is the expensive part. Easy to see cheaper days.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

There are a lot of major events in HKG at the end of this month and seats on direct flights are tight and expensive. The rate you got quoted on BA is probably the full IATA published fare.

Hotel rates are high too during these periods.

Take a indirect and longer route you might be able to find the seats and cheaper and sometimes quite comfortable.

first_class_please
    Participant

Try emirates, out business back first £3,500.

stevescoots
    Participant

qatar 1650….

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

no brainer

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It was through BT forum that I started ex-Europe in Milan. Now due to a posting 7.45am today, do I read that Instanbul offers an even better saving??

Bucksnet
    Participant

IST is a very long way to do the Euro shuffle. Over 8 hours before you ‘start’ your intended journey.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Agree Bucksnet

BA (ex IST) £1,687

QR (ex London) £1,650

One would have to have a strong motivation not to choose QR, IMHO.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Going via the middle east to get to HKG is nearly 20% longer and adds hours to the journey, but well worth the savings.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Agreed, would only do IST if time was not an issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls