MAS TO JOIN ONEWORLD

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• FlyingChinaman
    Participant

DClinPsy: I have no doubt that GA has geared up the SIN-CGK service to take on SQ on that specific route and also their new route to Europe (especially after have been banned by the EU for years of flying over EU territories!) but as a whole it is behind MH in standard. It might finally join other Asian airlines for high standard cabin services if there is improvement with the GA management!

The on-board Immgration Service is a big plus especially for Western travellers who would otherwise have to queue up for processing entry visas on arrival.

As I do not need a visa, I prefer using SQ instead..

Binman62
    Participant

Just one thought….will this mean they move back to T3 having just spent a huge sum of money moving to T4… Given the pretty awful transit facilities at LHR to/from T4 can’t see how it could work without a further move????

travelworld
    Participant

Good point, Binman. The answer must be yes, at least in the medium term- hopefully after all the other non aligned airlines have moved from T3 to T4 and not before…

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

No way in the world will QF now fly to KUL – in fact, bringing MH into oneworld solves QF’s problem with Malaysia very nicely.

QF used to fly to KUL, but dropped it because it was a loss-making route. So they put Jetstar on it. Jetstar couldn’t make it run at a profit, so then Jetstar dropped it. This left QF’s Malaysia-bound pax with a dilema, as the only way to get a oneworld flight to KUL was to go via HKG!

So, once MH comes onboard, then QF can have a codeshare to KUL, resolving that problem nicely.

As for BA – I’d suggest that having MH join the alliance fixes that gap in BA’s destinations as well, and BA flying the route would actually decrease MH’s passenger loads, so would not be in MH’s interest to do so. Remember, the main point of these global alliances is that it allows airlines to serve a wider range of ports without having to fly their own aircraft there. A BA codeshare on MH aircraft will do just that.

FrasierForum
    Participant

couldn’t agree more with cityprofessional above…

besides – there’s a large number of us who used to travel frequently with BA/QF for Malaysia but over the last few years having had little options meant having to opt to fly with Star/Skyteam or just resign to flying with MH – which although a fantastic carrier – one accepted that you forego any meaningful mileage earnings.

Now – I’m ecstatic as even if BA/QF don’t return to KUL – who cares since I can now fly with a fantastic airline (MH) and boost my BA Exec Club account at the same time. Better food, better legroom, better service in Economy whilst up front a First Class cabin that was way ahead of BA’s new First Class.

Watch out Southeast Asia.. here i come.. (now how many spa trips can one make in a year.. )..

Hurrah!

BABenji
    Participant

i would still rather fly via SIN with BA/QF than direct with MH on their crappy bed/slide or with their naff IFE. Now with the added benefit of it most likely being a codeshare out of SIN to KUL the luggage is checked through anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls