Manchester Airport – No Fuel

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

The Pride of the North.. Manchester Airport seems has run out of aviation fuel

The airport which uses about three million litres of airline fuel each day. appears to have run dry.

New supplies are being sent to the Airport after it ran out according to the suppliers and stocks are expected to return to average levels by Thursday morning, an airport spokesman said.

He also added some of the 150 flights scheduled from 18:00 BST till 06:00 on Thursday, could be disrupted

…O well ….never used it but in this day and age …??

Passengers planning to fly from the airport have been told to check with their airline before they leave.

The oil Company Shell sold the supply refinery to Indian company last year

LuganoPirate
    Participant

There was an issue with the quality of the fuel it seems. Not sure what but it could have been contaminated with water.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

I have know some landlords who water down their beer and even try it with the whisky ..but good “eavens …when its avation fuel…

Suppose its all down to that good old saying..”wheres theres muck theres money”

Bucksnet
    Participant

It seems they don’t even have more than a half day’s supply in reserve. A very poor show.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Aviation fuel – like diesel – just seems to attract water. Marine diesel engines are fitted with fuel/water separators for just this reason, and in high-humidity HK I keep the diesel tanks of my boat full so that there is a minimum of humid air (and consequent condensation) in the tanks…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls