Malaysia Airlines B747-400 Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DavidHill
    Participant

SYD – KUL – IST {Business Class}

[Business Class Lounge Sydney] – Small, but comfortable enough! Meals are cooked to order but are basic. The WIFI, when shared amongst the passengers was pretty slow, but being a tech-head I was able to secure 90% of the Band-width for myself.

[SYD – KUL : 747-400 MH122] – Separate boarding gate made life a little easier as it seemed that the line to get through the economy gate was running very slowly. 30 minute delay in the plane push-back with no explanation. The plane itself has seen better years with very obvious signs of wear and tear. The seats were fine. I like Malaysian Airlines for the satays that are plated as part of the first course. The food service was a little slow overall. The flight was non-eventful and comfortable.

[Business Class Lounge K.L.] – HUGE – When I arrived I found it very hard to find a seat. As a single traveller It is difficult getting food or drink whilst keeping one eye on your carry-on-luggage on the lounge in the distance. The buffet food was OK but was left empty for quite a while before the trays were replenished. The power-points were not easy to locate and where I was sitting I had to replace my laptop plug with a lamp-light lead. Went to have a shower and the attendant was no where to be seen, so poped my head around the corner to find her asleep on a little stool… (9:30pm). The showers were in need of a clean with used towels, disposable hair and toothbrushes lying around the benches. No charm but comfortable enough.

[KUL – IST : 777-200 MH30] The seats in this aircraft are nicer than that of the 747-400. I am not a fan of the 777 seat-plan for business, as it is 2-3-2. I was on the isle of the middle section (3 seat) and wasn’t happy having someone step over me to get in and out. Nice flight overall, with a valium and a vodka was asleep until morning. The angled flat-bed are ok but nowhere near as comfortable as the pure flat beds found on other airlines like “air-asia” or “V-Australia” etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls