Making life easy

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

My BMI domestic flights tomorrow have been cancelled. BMI tells me on the website that I can rebook for no fee within 2 weeks and up to 31 January.

I went to Manage my Booking thinking that the system would accommodate me on the basis of the above. No such luck – a Change Booking Fee for £50 is required……. Telephone contact is impossible. You would have thought that managing this situation via technology would be simple….

Any suggestions?

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Tom

Pragmatically, you could pay the £50 and then reclaim it by letter.

Or you could hang on until things calm down a bit.

How much do you need to change the flights now?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

It seems that getting through to BMI at this time is a complete disaster. People are quoted as being on hold for 3 hours and then simply being disconnected. The website directs you to the call centre and the call centre (auto message) directs you to the website!
    Check out BMI Facebook page for similar issues.
    I actually got through to BMI ‘Customer Service’ last Friday to be told – quote “I am sorry, BMI customer services do not take customer calls any more’
    My advice, the same as Disgusted above, pay and reclaim via letter.

TominScotland
    Participant

Update on this – I managed to get through to BMI’s offshore call centre at 5.30 this morning and sorted this out without hassle – rebooked on flights that the website said were unavailable, too!!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Very pleased to hear it worked out for you, have a great trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls