Luton UK’s rudest airport as Paris labelled rudest in the world

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Luton seems to be the UK’s rudest airport and Paris the rudest in the world, with CPH the friendliest.

http://www.independent.ie/travel/travel-news/luton-uks-rudest-airport-as-paris-labelled-rudest-in-the-world-3207138.html

What do we all think?

capetonianm
    Participant

I don’t often agree with these polls but in this case, yes.

I’ve seen more rude security at Luton than anywhere else in UK, including the Neanderthal who rudely snatched a small plastic bottle which still had a few drops of cool drink in it from a two year old who didn’t understand English, making her cry, and then shouting at the parents.

CDG has a deserved reputation for the vile attitude of the staff there, which is a shame because AF is not a bad airline but would be so much better if flying on it didn’t mean having to use CDG.

EDI is friendly, and my last trip from LPL was surprisingly pleasant too. AMS and ZRH remain my favourite Euoprean hubs.

tiggerbrown
    Participant

Having travelled through there a lot in the last 12 months I can honestly say they have improved a helluva lot on their previous performance & attitude…..and I’ve found this to have happened mainly since the new security screening opened.

I also note the source of the survey – draw your own conclusion.

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

I have noticed that the smaller the airport, the friendlier it usually is. Not always the case, but in the vast majority of cases it appears so. While security ‘staff’ have the (often well-deserved) reputation for the brusquest and rudest of airport personnel, it can also fall on immigration, customs, car hire, restaurant or check-in staff to ruin one’s travelling experience.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think you’re right Constant. LUG is very friendly and everyone knows everybody. LCY was also very friendly in the beginning but as it got bigger it became worse. Not as bad as LHR mind!

OneA
    Participant

Not that most people would ever have the need or desire to fly from it, East Midlands tops my UK poll for untrained, ignorant and disinterested staff and all this at an airport that has lousey transport arrangements between its long stay (long distance) car park and the joke of a terminal building.

tarisingh
    Participant

Going through Washington Dulles recently was a really good experience (not words often associated with American Airports!), actually so was the flight on United that day , so may be it was just one of those freaky days!

prosborn
    Participant

IAD is much much improved.
    The wheelchair assist people don’t moan any more, the security people are polite and helpful and consultative.
    It’s just the morons (pax), not all of them government consultants, who are blindly obsessed with their own egos and oversized bags and who disregard and knock and hit the less mobile that are a bother. I speak loudly at them and shame them.

But that is not the fault of IAD staff or operators. You’ll find morons in any bunch of pax. Bit like life really.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Last time I used Luton was way back in the early 70s when I went on a grotty package hol to Rimini…sun sand and s…the other. and even then I can only ever remember it as a shoddy outer London Departure shed point ….never been back since…..has it got any better?

Also seem to remember reading (might be wrong) that they charge you to drop off passengers (suggest they should give you the fee instead )but assuming that it must now have a direct rail connection into the Airport might make it worthwhile to go and have a look and reconsider

Hard to shake of a “negative”reputation. and above label wont enthuse.

feijitong
    Participant

There is something to CDG being the rudest and then to add insult to injury luggage handling is terrible and operations are not the smoothest.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls