Lufthansa’s New 747-800

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve just seen in Airliner World that just three airlines will use the 747-800 in a passenger version, LH (20 on order, 1 delivered), Arik Air and Transaero. Incredibly, in addition 9 have been ordered as business jets!

Swissdiver
    Participant

Amazing, isn’t it? Now on the long run, I am wondering whether airlines will realise that the B747-8 is more adapted to the number of passengers they carry than the A380 (with the obvious exception of some routes).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I wish BA would buy -800 passenger models or buy LH instead!

Binman62
    Participant

That economy cabin is sleek and stylish and has a very relaxing feel……..but I accept it is empty.

The business and First Cabins are simply superb. Would be hard to justify the F fare given how much space there is in Business Class.

Makes BA product look dated. I have alwasy avoided BA economy as it is the most univiting space and these pictures show that even the so called premium products are dated and cramped. Club World in particular is a very poor relation.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Binman, look at the new Business cabins for AA, CX and the QR (787)…. they are even better..

To be fair the new BA WT+ and WT products dont look all that bad..

WTP

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/new-world-traveller-plus/public/en_gb

WT

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/new-world-traveller/public/en_gb

These are available on the 777-300 and starting to roll out on the 777-200. Not sure I would want to fly on the old economy seats long haul which are mostly on the 747’s. The 747s are not even getting the upgraded seats for some reason.

epeek06
    Participant

Thank you becky,

I really think the new WT and WT+ would look sick on the new A380!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Even with an enthusistic crew and more delicious food, the NCW and F British Airways hard product are beginning to look and feel very tired and stale, espcially when compared to the new offerings by other airlines.

Really does appear that BA think they are invincible.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

It’s nice to read some positive comments about LH new J product. I’ve not seen that many so far. LH FFs are not happy campers right now for many reasons – devalued M&M scheme, more difficult to get top FF status – impossible if flying mostly Economy, F redemptions much more difficult, Upgrades using miles only on higher fares – and now the J seat.

For what its worth I’ve tried LH F – and BA F compares rather favourably.

However – I’m simply rising to the bate set by the usual suspects. Would be marvellous to have a thread about another carrier not get carried back into the usual old story of “I think BA is a load of rubbish”; “No it isnt”; “Ha you must work for them”; “Ha! you must be a Union hack”

Anyone who’ s spent any more than 5 mins browsing the Forum will be very clear on certain contributors perspectives on BA so surely they don’t need to repeated..on every thread?

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

I wonder if you tried the latest LH F product or the previous one? They are very different.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree with Becky, the new QR business on the 787 looks stupendous. I’d even go as far as to say its equal to Swiss, though the service is probably not the same.

skidude330
    Participant

Just flew the new bird on the FRA-IAD route in First. Far superior ride to teh A380 as the 747-8 handles turbulence much smoother (moves up-n-down vs. wobbling). Nothing like a new airplane smell. The new Lufthansa First product is top notch and really like the color and leather scheme – feels like the interior or a new car. Was able to use the ottaman to have dinner with my wife which was a blast. The funny part was that it was the crew’s first flight so we were jointly learning all the new features (like the 2-stage electronic window shades). Very comfy bed in sleep mode as well.

epeek06
    Participant

Ah finally someone who has been on the plane! Thank you

I’m glad to hear it was a great smooth ride.

Moreover, it makes me very happy to hear that you find the 747-8 superior to the A380!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m very envious Mike. I can’t wait to fly it. Hopefully they’ll put it on the CPT route when they get more deliveries.

I’ve always thought the Boeings a superior plane to the Airbus Epeek. I think the 747 is like a graceful old lady as she goes down the runway and gently takes off, unike the 380 which hurtles down and then throws itself into the air engines screaming!

epeek06
    Participant

Oh yes Swiss compatriot,
    I would choose 747 over an A380 any day. Her looks are simply so majestic and soothing…. whilst the A380 just looks like an A340 who got an allergic reaction to a bee sting….
    I cannot wait to ride on the 748!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls