Lufthansa revises its new blue on a B747-400

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Today Lufthansa unveiled a B747-400 (D-ABVM) which had been painted by IAC at Dublin Airport. It is heading back to Frankfurt and will operate a Toronto service tomorrow.

It’s newsworthy because, following much criticism from customers and readers of Business Traveller, Lufthansa decided to modify the blue colour.

I am unable to post the tweet here (no official pics of the new colour have been released so far) but you can see the first pics by checking @lufthansaNews via twitter.

Here’s the piece we published last February about Lufthansa’s decision to revise its “new” livery after only three weeks.

Lufthansa to revise “new” livery after only three weeks

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I’ve also learnt of two further changes.

Lufthansa has enlarged the crane on the tail to make it more visible from greater distances.

And Lufthansa has added a second yellow square (immediately to the right of door A) as a welcome sign.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

Here’s the photo of the B747-400 in the revised livery:

The big picture: Lufthansa’s first B747-400 in revised livery

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Now I admit I’ve had a G&T, it’s almost 6pm here, but I can’t see any difference.
    I think it was a Corbett / Barker sketch when one offers the other the same thing but at two different prices.
    Whats the difference says one, with the other admitting after some discussion, no difference apart from the price! Cue laughter!!!

I think that’s what the Irish have done to the Germans? Well done Padraig……..

EU_Flyer
    Participant

The 747-400 revised blue seems to have a mat finish? The crane is definitely bigger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls