Lufthansa Offers 5k M&M Miles for Medical Doctors

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

This promo has been around for a while.

I assume this puts a flag in your profile, so your skillset can be easily identified.

An excellent way for crew to be able to find those on board who can genuinely help, and differentiate from those whose Doctorate is not medical in nature. Proof of eligibility is required, so no danger of quacks.

Interestingly, Lufthansa takes the sensible precaution of taking out insurance to ensure those offering emergency aid cannot get sued; doubt this would happen on many other airlines.

Eligible Doctors can sign up for the 5k M&M Miles through the link below:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/de/info_and_services/partner?nodeid=1907351&l=en

FlightDoctor
    Participant

Interesting offer. As a registered doctor myself who occasionally gets asks to assist with sick passengers when travelling, it makes a lot of sense, especially the medical insurance (which has always been a little unclear, especially over international waters with foreign nationalities, particularly Americans).

I wonder whether those who sign up also have to agree to be tee-total when they fly, as I know this has caused some medico-legal dilemmas for doctors historically.

Presumably the miles offer means the occasional upgrade or other-such “thank you” from the airline would not now happen!!!

FlyerDoc
    Participant

Do all major airlines have a similar set up? I am not aware of BA operating such a system for example.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls