Lufthansa offer To central-south America

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

I received an email from Lufthansa with this offer to:

Mexico City from449 €*

Sao Paulo from499 €*

Buenos Aires from549 €*

* return incl. all taxes and service fee

Conditions for this offer:

Purchase by: 04.05.2010
    Departure period: 10.01.2011-28.02.2011
    Return period: 16.01.2011-30.04.2011
    Minimum stay : one Saturday night or 6 days
    Maximum stay : 1 month
    Rebooking and refund restrictions apply

It seems that start point doesn’t matter as i can see same prices also from UK site.

I would like to ask if it is possible to find an offer like this from BA, does BA make such attractive offers?

continentalclub
    Participant

WARNING: TRYING TO PREDICT AIRLINE PRICING CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR WEALTH!

I’ve been having a rake back to see if I can find any information that might be of interest – though of course please don’t use it as the basis for any purchasing decision.

These LH fares are very good indeed and they are by far the cheapest in the market for the travel dates being promoted. British Airways, by comparison, would be at least 38% more expensive from the cheapest European start-point (which I think is Barcelona at the moment).

Have British Airways offered similarly ‘good’ deals in the past? Yes, they have. Will they in future, who knows? If it’s anything of a guide, the last World Traveller sale which BA ran, from Christmas until earlier in the year, a sample August return from London to Buenos Aires dropped from £1151 return to £800 return – a saving of 30.5%.

On that basis, a sample London to Buenos Aires return during the LH promo dates might be offered in any future sale at around £635.

Or it might not! It could be £499 or £899. It’s pure speculation and anecdotal heresay, but I believe that BA’s South/Central American services enjoy good loads. I have no idea how Lufthansa do on similar routes.

BA offer a premium economy cabin; Lufthansa do not. BA’s longhaul business class seats are all fully-flat; Lufthansa’s are mostly inclined. BA’s Executive Club offers different redemption and upgrade options to LH’s Miles & More, so in different cabins and with one eye on FFPs, it’s quite difficult to draw clearly defined comparisons.

On a standalone basis though, if you’re interested in travelling to that part of the World and can commit now, I’d personally say that the Lufthansa fares are pretty unbeatable.

The direct link to the fares is here:

http://bit.ly/cmQWcT

Caracas is also included, btw.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls