Lufthansa Miles and More

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

GiorgioB
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been a Lufthansa Senator for few years now and this year I have flown 71 legs most of which are around Europe.

I have aquired 85.000 miles instead of the required 100.000 to renew my status.

I have just received an email from M&M with a proposal to buy the Senator Status for one year and they are asking for €2.000. This is incredible.

I’d like to write an email to M&M management, anybody has the right contact details?

Thanks in advance for your help

millionsofmiles
    Participant

I was LH senator for 13 years in a row, with more than 300.000 status miles a year (which today is HON-circle).

After reducing flying, they sent me the same offer. US airlines offer a lifetime membership after a mere million miles or 10 years elite.

But then, a lot of people seem to pcik up this offer, otherwise it would have been scrapped.

Personally, its cheaper to take a few discounted bus-flights in Europe (look at LX) and thus reach the 100.000 threshold.

RichHI1
    Participant

millionsofmiles, you say US airline offer elite membership for lifetime for million miles. THe US carriers I belong to only offer lower levels of membership at 1 and 2 million and require requalification annualy for elite level. Thus the US now has what are called mileage runs where people fly round the country over a weekend to get the mileage levels up on discounted fares eg BOS-JFK-ATL-DFW-LAX-MSP-STL-BOS rather than BOS-LAX direct.

CosmicB
    Participant

No clue what you are complaining about. Other than German residents, who need 130.000 miles to qualify for Senator status, you already have the reduced qualification threshold at 100.000. I think it is fair of Lufthansa to offer you a one-year extension for money, as you will be able to make up for this amount with a single long-distance companion award. At 85.000 miles you are definitely not a most valued customer, as according to your flights and accrued mileage you have choosen cheap discount fares.

GiorgioB
    Participant

Hi CosmicB, it is quite clear that marketing is not your field. You are right I have been flying a lot on cheap flights (even though Lufthansa and cheap does not go well together) around Europe. But for an airline is much better to have a customer flying 80 times in a year than only 8 times (4 return flight to Australia will give you around 100.000 miles to qualify for Senator Status)…
    Other companies, like Air France for instance, will offer Gold Status when you fly a certain amount of miles OR a number of flights…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls