Lufthansa ground staff plan another strike [February 20]

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Breaking news

Yet another strike at Lufthansa.

Readers are advised to check flight status.

Senator
    Participant

I got caught up in this madness late last night. I was due to fly ARN-FRA-YYZ tomorrow, and had a continuation to LGA on the 21st which I really wanted to change to the same day. Hence, I had been trying to get LH to move me to no avail.

My return is booked in First with an upgrade JFK-MUC-ARN and so I tried to take advantage of the excellent dedicated LH First Class/HON Hotline, but gave up after waiting 30min last night. My flight was booked via AMEX Travel, and I rang the 24 hrs service who by the time I rang, didn’t have cancellations reflected in the system. I really wanted to move over to LX to EWR/JFK.

This morning, I rang the dedicated Swiss First Class/HON Hotline in Basel, perhaps the best service I know and the customer care agent solved my issue quickly. By the time I got around to this, all LX options to NYC were gone so I settled for ARN-BRU with SN and BRU-EWR with UA.

This afternoon I started to dread my 05:10 Uber pick up. I went back to my favorite tool ExpertFlyer to check. To my delight, the 13:30 flight ARN-ZRH was now open and LX18 to EWR showed also one seat. Called Swiss First/HON Hotline who rebooked me. I also requested a voucher upgrade to First, and within three hours this was confirmed.

Occasionally, IRROps provides excellent opportunities. I got what I really wanted last week now through these issues, serendipitously.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls