Lufthansa A340-300 (Config. 1) Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

LH598 Frankfurt to Addis Ababa

I spent the night at an airport hotel within walking distance of FRA Terminal 1. After the near fiasco the previous evening when I had queued for four (4) hours before I received my boarding pass, I was in no mood for another Q and used the manned self-tag kiosk which also serves as a bag drop.

Security was a very quick procedure and, as I have no Lufthansa lounge access, I headed to the gate where we boarded a bus to the aircraft.

My seat was 25A, the second row behind Business and in a very pleasant mini-cabin. The aircraft was spotless and the seats looked fairly new. I have a certain knack for finding an entertainment box under the seat in front, but no matter as the seat next to me was free.

The scheduled departure time was 11:15, but take-off was slightly delayed.

Before I knew it we were flying over the North African coast and after a very quick 5 hours 20 minutes we landed at Khartoum where a number of passengers disembarked. Exactly an hour later with the sun setting over the Nile we took off again (‘Watch out for the stray dog at the side of the runway!’) for the 90-minute hop to Addis Ababa, and were soon flying in darkness with lightning strikes in the distance.

Landing was ahead of schedule and we parked beside a shiny Ethiopian 787. Obtaining a visa ($20), currency exchange and immigration were all relaxed and friendly. My luggage appeared shortly after.

Overall a very good flight, and probably as good as it gets in Economy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls