Lucky colleague

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

MrK1962
    Participant

Just had to share this… my colleague wrote and complained to BA a few times (minor quibbles) and ever since then he’s been getting comp upgrades for almost every flight. Typically BA calls him and says something like “well in light of your recent issues, we’d like to give you a complimentary upgrade…” He even gets the miles for the upgraded class!

Lucky him…

JamesMoloney5
    Participant

I’m afraid I find that very hard to believe….mileage credit for the class of travell when it’s a comp upgrade……he’s pulling your chain, man! Especially in BA…..

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Have to agree with you James. Never known any airline to do that!

Does your friend go fishing as well Mr K?

Tim2soza
    Participant

I got a comp upgrade from CW to F last year from BA (LHR-LAX) and got the F mileage and tier points. Showed booking class A on the booking.

MrK1962
    Participant

“…he’s pulling your chain, man! Especially in BA…..”

You’d think so but I was on most of those flight with him (in WTP that we were booked in). He’s as new to BAEC as me (

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Lucky indeed.
    BA love matrices and use them to determine a range of decisions to strive for a consistent outcome.

When “Service Recovery” is required again BA mainly uses a matrix based formula. Along one dimension is the customer BAEC level/tier/value on the other is the incident/failure type – the intersection provides the recommended compensation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls