losing its shine?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

I have been flying QR to Asia now for over 5 years, probably doing an average of 50 sectors a month. I have always found them a fantastic airline and worthy of the awards they win, I just got off another route to CAN and as ever the service was excellent.

but…my love affair is waining.. using points was never a problem..I could pretty much book 4 weeks in advance and get a return to HKG or CAN for 180K points, until now. Its almost impossible to book a flight in business from UK to Asia without either double points or no availability in business class or a 24 hour layover in Doha. no matter how you change the computations they smack you with a double points levy on at least 2 sectors. I used to think the like of BA were terrible using points, I actually tried the BA site and got the flights i wanted, when I wanted them for the right points.

I realise QR are more popular than ever but if I cant use the 750K+ points I have now without giving them away on 1 or 2 flights then its time to look at another airline.

C’mon Qatar, time to look at introducing another tier to Privilege with a new level of rewards.

while at it, might want to look at pricing too for your LHR to HKG or CAN routes, you are the same as Emirates, Turkish, finnair and dare I say BA at times. (klm are lower but lets not go there) flying the route as much as I do I can see there are no problems getting customers but sooner or later the excellent food, service, seating,lounge will not offset taking a direct flight, particuarly if a 24 hour stop in Doha includes the usual 200+ a night hotel costs.

LeTigre
    Participant

Could the cause not just be lack of availability on the LHR-Doha route? When demand exceeds supply, price rises are inevitable, this applies to miles redemptions as well.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Stevescoots: How can you fly 50 sectors in a month!!! Could it be a typo error and you meant 50 sectors in a year.

Some airlines are now creating a “priority reward level” for redemption of airtickets!!!

stevescoots
    Participant

Sorry, typo, that’s per year!

Hengli, I understand what you say, but no matter how you do it they smack you with a double points somewhere, either out to doha or doha to elswhere. For an experiment I thought I would do the same on some of the less busy routes ex eu, same result 🙁

On the plus side my doh-can flight on sunday only had 3 people in the entire business cabin, nice and peaceful

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls