Looking for Seat Advice – 340- 600

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• toonfan62
    Participant

First transatlantic trip next summer with my two boys who will be 16 and 11. Flying Upper Class via JFK outbound and ATL inbound on VS metal Upper Class (thank you Sky Miles…..)

Currently have us reserved in 10A 11A and 12A on both sectors – any comments or better selections I should make. Figured a window seat each might be nice!

TIA

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Suspect the boys will prefer the window seats – just one small point to note about VS is their window seats face more towards the aisle, so to look out the window you’ll need to turn a bit to the left.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

toonfan62 – My only comment is be aware that airlines can and do change plane types and schedules so nothing can be set in stone so far in advance.

Summer 2017 is two timetable changes away.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t comment on the VS plane, but isn’t the -600 the very long one? If so go as close to the middle as possible. I’ve found the front and back seem to move a lot in any turbulence while the centre stays relatively calm. My experience is from many internal trips on the the SAA 340-600.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would suggest check where the galley and bar is located. Certainly on the night flight home, sit well away from the bar..

toonfan62
    Participant

Thanks everyone. I kinda put us in the middle away from front and mid galleys but should check where the bar is – great point.

Re equipment – I intend to check seats etc. periodically – planner that I am – I’m just excited to show my boys London, Edinburgh, but especially The Toon ..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=762348]I can’t comment on the VS plane, but isn’t the -600 the very long one? If so go as close to the middle as possible. I’ve found the front and back seem to move a lot in any turbulence while the centre stays relatively calm. My experience is from many internal trips on the the SAA 340-600.

[/quote]

The front isn’t bad, but agree about the back due to the yaw damper.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Have a look at seatguru.com

Bullfrog
    Participant

On VS’s A340 600, in Upper Class, 9 to 15 A or 4 to 7 K are my preferrred seats. As the configuration is 1/1/1, I would prefer the seats that are not facing other seats, and away from the front service area / toilet and the rear bar.

toonfan62
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Based on the bar location and a flight through JFK yesterday I booked 4 5 and 6K. Really appreciate the advice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls