London’s Favourite Airline…

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Tony-UK
    Participant

I received seven emails/texts from BA yesterday notifying me of changes to flights I had booked on the Manchester/LHR route from November to March. BA have just released their winter timetable and Manchester flights are being reduced from 59 to 46 per week. The cancellations that impacted me most were the evening flights from LHR to MAN on Friday and Saturday. I suspect that this will impact several customers e.g. in my case I use the Saturday evening flight after 3pm football matched at the Emirates. I suspect that this will also impact customers on connecting flights to Manchester via Heathrow. Thanks British Airways…

mkcol74
    Participant

Why don’t you take the West Coast Main Line, operated by whoever might have taken on the franchise by that point?

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

From an environmental point of view, it is a good thing that short feeder flights are being reduced. There is no gain without pain, and I appreciate that it will inconvenience people to achieve this, but it is a move in the right direction.

1 user thanked author for this post.

kershcliff
    Participant

Take a Morning flight to Manchester and come and watch proper football at the Etihad !!!!

canucklad
    Participant

Firstly Tony as someone who supports a team as bad as Arsenal, , I admire your loyalty as a Gooner but…..I do need to ask a very simple question.

Euston is a stones throw from the Emirates, Heathrow isn’t ?
    I know’ in the past I’ve argued that LHR- EDI is easier, faster and often / more likely cheaper than Kings Cross to the Waverly , dependant on where in London your journey starts

I wouldn’t have thought the same of London -Manchester , so I’m assuming there is a good reason to traipse out to LHR, mess about with security before heading back to the North West?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Better still go to John Lennon airport and watch the European Champions !!!!

Johnnyg
    Participant

[quote quote=949239]Take a Morning flight to Manchester and come and watch proper football at the Etihad !!!![/quote]

Better still go to John Lennon airport and watch the European Champions !!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls