London to Barbados – BA Club Reward Seats

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Arty
    Participant

Looking for Nov Dec Club seats and rocking horses come to mind. No availability; ever! Anyone know why?

Thanks

ASK1945
    Participant

Arty – there are plenty of Club World seats available for LON-Barbados in November and December.

I assume that you mean Avios seats. I have used Avios to book Club World for this route several times. It is very popular (so many cruises leave from Bridgetown) and you have to book literally 350 days in advance for peak periods, such as Nov-Dec. Generally, BA only reserve two Club Class seats per flight to the Caribbean, for Avios Club World redemptions, although sometimes they issue more a week or so before flights which are not full with fare-paying passengers.

Six weeks ago I cancelled imminent Club World flights for my wife and I to the USA, once it was clear that Joe Biden was not opening up the USA for UK/EU citizens just yet. I checked the Barbados and the rest of the Caribbean routes as a replacement. There were no Avios Club World flights available anywhere between October 2021 and April 2022.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

Doh! I have just looked at the title of the thread you started. You did mean Avios redemption. I don’t know why I checked for fare-paying seats. Silly me.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

Availabilty is linked to your status – so Golds will see more than Silver.

There’s also a third-party tool that let’s you search https://rewardflightfinder.com/

Raffles99
    Participant

SeatSpy is more accurate that Reward Flight Finder.

To be honest, your best bet is to book Avios seats for a short-term date and hope BA cancels it. You can then rebook for any date in the next year, irrespective of whether Avios seats are available.

ASK1945
    Participant

Raffles99 wrote: “…………… your best bet is to book Avios seats for a short-term date and hope BA cancels it. You can then rebook for any date in the next year, irrespective of whether Avios seats are available”.

That must be a change of policy. Last year, during te pandemic, it didn’t work for me. BA cancelled my flights (Club Class) but would only let me re-book for flights with Club Class redemption seats still available.

Arty
    Participant

Good plan, but it wouldn’t work. You are only allowed to do this two weeks either side of your original booking. Although I could book now for May 15 I don’t think the two weeks would quite stretch to November, but thanks for the tip

Arty
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099512]

BA Just told me that if they cancel your Avios reward seat flight you can book any flight regardless of whether there are reward seats available, but it must be within +-2 weeks of your original departure date.

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1099517]That must be a change of policy. Last year, during te pandemic, it didn’t work for me. BA cancelled my flights (Club Class) but would only let me re-book for flights with Club Class redemption seats still available.

BA Just told me that if they cancel your Avios reward seat flight you can book any flight regardless of whether there are reward seats available, but it must be within +-2 weeks of your original departure date.[/quote]

Thanks Arty. That definitely is a change of policy, which is very useful to know. Of course it’s not relevant to your problem – wanting to make a new booking.

Arty
    Participant

[postquote quote=1099524]

I suspect it may be Covid related change so won’t last forever

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls