LNER not so wonderful

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

Alex, I know that rail fares are are well-worked theme on this Forum but my rail travel is relatively limited (certainly since March 2020). We recently returned from a wonderful few days in Jersey and, for a variety of reasons I will not go into, had to fly to Birmingham and then take a train up North. Singles with rail cards for two of us in Standard with Avanti totalled just over £140. Singles to Motherwell came to £80 and the local add on was £4.90 each, a saving of £50 – but I had to spend time finding this out. Due to delays because of disruption on the line, we may actually get the £80 back and we were able to remain on the mainline train to Glasgow……

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

Commuterco

LNER must have a complaints procedure, which (presumably) is published online.

Within this they should have a clause will tells complainants when to expect a response. After six weeks it must have been breached. Whilst I appreciate the franchise is now “owned” by HM goverment, presumably the Rail Regulator still has power. If i am correct, now make a formal complaint there. If they don’t respond, threaten a Judicial Review of them.

That should nmake a few hairs on their heads stand up.

Commuterco
    Participant

@ASK1945 : Thank you and this is where I had come to. Now progressing to Ombudsman as the cut off is 40 days. I shall keep the forum informed.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls