Liverpool-London sees one passenger on last train

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

One wonders for how much longer will the government continue to fund an hourly Liverpool-London train service now that the city is placed in tier three (from tomorrow).

Yesterday Channel 4 presenter Matt Frei took the last train of the day and he was the only passenger.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1013349]One wonders for how much longer will the government continue to fund an hourly Liverpool-London train service now that the city is placed in tier three (from tomorrow).[/quote]

Never mind funding it, but actually allowing it to run at all . As the wishy washy approach to this dystopian nightmare continues common sense would suggest that at the moment Liverpool should be isolated and out of bounds to the rest of us . And at the same time make it as difficult as possible for Liverpudlians to travel out of the city.

I might add that I’m not an advocate of what I’ve suggested, but I’d like to see some consistency and logic to managing this disaster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls