Lifetime FF membership

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Lando Marco
    Participant

After years of loyalty to SQ and achieving SQ’s coveted Solitare membership status since 1997 my status have suddenly dropped to basic ‘blue’ due to one year of inactivity. Are there such things as lifetime airline FF memberships?

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m not sure if such a thing still exists, but it did. A friend of mine had lifetime membership of Swissair’s FF scheme. When the old SR went tits up and became Swiss Air Lines (LX) it was transferred. When ze instructions from ze Vaterland were issued and the scheme was incorporated into LH Miles and More, the privilege was lost.

As my friend was then CFO of a very large company which did a lot of business with the LH group, the threat of withdrawing the business was sufficient to see the privilege reinstated.

Vertrek
    Participant

SQ used to have PPS Solitaire Life.

I know for sure that AF-KLM and Finnair offer a lifetime status. While in USA all of the mega carriers DL, UA and AA offer it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I thought M & M offered lifetime Senator under the following 3 conditions:

At least 1 million base miles earned
    10 continuous (unbroken) years of Senator status
    Being aged 60+

Has anyone here achieved this yet and got the recognition.

I can only tell you in 2 years time!

AsiaFrequentFlyer
    Participant

I have lifetime Platinum with AF and also lifetime Gold with QF. I’m not sure about SQ. I’m still Solitaire but will probably drop back this year. Lets face it Solitaire on SQ get you absolutely nothing though.

TominScotland
    Participant

I have Platinum for Life with KLM/ AF and see this as a great retirement bonus for years ahead when I can still travel with status even though I won’t be earning that many miles.

LucaForna
    Participant

Pierre
    Participant

I am Platinum for lifetime with Flying Blue, and have to wait turning 60 years old to be Senator for the same.(very strange conditions: only elder guys can apply ?!)
    Travelling a lot, i get miles. I am happy with it, and do not think that this ‘lifetime story ‘ brings anything else than a plastic card in your pocket.
    If you are luckytravelling F or C, where is the difference?
    With SkyPriority, Skyteam passengers flying C get the same service wld they be members of FlyingBlue or not. Flying F, you get a costly extra, Being member or not.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I agree if flying F or C Pierre, but when flying Y with a 2 hr stopover in Zurich it’s very nice to have a lounge to relax in and maybe have a light meal (at least in the Senator lounge) and a drink or two. That to me is the real value.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

What a lovely thought, an airline saying thank you, to a loyal customer, when they retire, for giving the company a lifetime (or business lifetime) of business.

One day, pigs may fly too!

Lando Marco
    Participant

Thank you all for your feedback/suggestions!
    I am currently based in SIN and our company have property interests in UK and Aust. Currently, I make monthly trips to Aus and quarterly to UK/Eur.
    Great suggestion of Finnair, Vertek. I have just signed up for Finair Plus – the only FFP that offers One World Emerald life.
    Good to have a lifetime FFP to fallback on as anything can happen and one can loose status overnight!
    In my case, our company (rather the managing partner!) banned the use of SQ company wide due to their online website booking problems and their arrogance in handling issues thereafter!

RoadKing
    Participant

SAS Eurobonus offer lifetime membership @ gold when you have had gold for 10 consecutive years.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls