LHR Valet Parking

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

swissarmy5
    Participant

Hi – just looked into valet parking at heathrow and found this place. They quote £49.99 for a weeks parking and wash the car/valet for free! Sounds really good value – has anyone heard about them? Good or bad? Any other recommendations?

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Which company as you don’t mention it!

swissarmy05
    Participant

Sorry – good point: CK Park and Fly

flyingbunny
    Participant

I guess it depends on where they put your car in the mean time? There are so many options when it comes to valet parking – and parking at Heathrow. There are a couple of price comparison sites I use if I plan ahead. But the business parking at Heathrow seems good as it is ‘on airport’ and they drop off your car at the terminal on your return so you don’t have to go back out to the car park… I too would be interested to hear any reviews of the many services available.

olliewb
    Participant

I have always used Purple Parking, “Meet and Greet” – always happy with them (“Our chauffeur meets you at your terminal, parks your car in our secure car park and returns your car to the terminal”), although I must admitt I dont know where their “secure parking” is!

I just looked online via Virgin Flying Club (where you get a discount plus VS miles) and the cost is £68.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I am now a BAA valet park convert. There are enough websites offering to compare the different parking company options. If BAA parking are within the same price range as the off airport companys, I use BAA. It means you dont have to hang around for a shuttle bus.

I used to use Purple Parking. My experience with them are they are quick to get you to the airport but if you take the bus back, it can, in rush hour take up to an hour by the time you wait for the bus to come over.

BABenji
    Participant

If one gets the timing right, T5 short stay pre-booking can offer a good saving over BAA Valet. The only difference being that you have to take the lift up to check in when you arrive and back up to your car when you depart.

NTarrant
    Participant

Personally, I would avoid valet parking like the plague, particularly at LGW. I just don’t like the idea of someone driving my car, moving the seat, mirrors etc.

Years ago at LTN long term was only valet parking, we arrived back at 2330 to find that the guy was on his own and had to move ten cars to get to mine.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

likewise – but at least for short term at LHR BAA dont have far to drive the car.

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I used Purple Parking meet and Greet all the time – its a great service, especially from T5. I don’t think I’ve ever had any problems. They are normally very competitive on price also

James123
    Participant

Hi I have used CK park and fly before and I am a regular customer to them and i find there service very useful. They meet you at the terminal ON TIME and yes they do give you a free car wash too. I will definetly recommend them.

James

stevescoots
    Participant

Been using quality parking, they use the same place on the A4 as purple do i think. usually costs around 120 quid for a 3 week stay. probably used them over 50 times and only a few times had waiting hiccups, usually about 20-30 min wait if the bags come out of heathrow faster than usual, except last year in the snow. when the airport was closed it took 4 hours to get my car to me..but BAA did close the airport to all traffic!

James123
    Participant

I have tried quality parking but I would prefer CK park and fly over them, because quality parking costs £74 and CK costs £54 for 8 days, that is a major difference. Plus CK park and fly offers a free car wash with every booking too.. What else would anyone want? Plus I just checked CK park and fly’s quote for 3 weeks and you wont believe this! They charge ONLY £87.50. Its saving everyone £32.50 :O

suffolkpunch
    Participant

We recently used BAA Valet Parking at T5 ( or more accurately tried to use them).

We had pre-booked and paid for a three day park, including a car wash.

When we arrived at 10pm on a Friday night (later than the scheduled 8pm arrival time due to bad traffic on our 3+ hour route from Suffolk), the valet reception was closed and locked.

I spent over 30 minutes trying to find anyone from BAA at the departure level. The was no sign on the departures level office whatsoever, saying that there is a BAA valet parking office open 24 hour at T5 arrivals level.

So, we parked in the Sofitel Hotel car park until next morning and hoped that BAA valet parking would be open before our early flight departed.

The Hotel concierge spent nearly 30 minutes trying to contact BAA valet parking, as their web site gives no information about the hours they are actually open!!

They have a single contact number (a contact center) which is closed after 8pm on M-F and does not open until after 9am on a Saturday ( ie too late for an early flight departure)!!

There is an alternative mobile number, which we rang but this was a dead line and we later discovered, it is an incorrect emergency number shown on the web site!!

Nonetheless, we managed to deliver the car to BAA valet next parking next morning, having had to pay an extra £15 to Sofitel for parking.

When you return to T5 arrivals , there is no sign inside the building showing the location of valet parking outside, but asking several BAA staff eventually led to finding its location.

However, do not expect your car to be washed even if you have paid for it!!

They have since credited me with the payments for non parking and the non car wash but only after having had to chase them by e-mail !!

So, if you are going to be delayed make sure you call well before 8pm or do not be delayed…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls