LHR T5 Pod Parking Challenge – normal?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• pdwtrip
    Participant

Tried the pod parking for the first time this week and found the drop off and trip to terminal very simple – quite impressed.
    Sadly, on return in the evening around 20.30 – no pods – ‘give me five minutes’, then ‘give me 10 minutes’, then ‘go to arrivals level bus stop 28 – am sending a bus’ were the messages over the tannoy at the pod station level 2 parking T5.
    Eventually the 12/14 of us watched a guy move a sign to the bus stop with a pod logo; then he moved it back – covered it up and said go back to level 2.
    Arrived back to find pods now operating and we were all at the back of the queue to use them.
    Total transfer time – 55 minutes – not quite the 5 minutes I had hoped for.
    Frustrating as this potentially is a useful car park system.
    Is this normal or a one off?

Johnnyg
    Participant

[quote quote=1251616]Frustrating as this potentially is a useful car park system.
    Is this normal or a one off?[/quote]

If flying from T5 I always stay at the Thistle for the cheap parking deals and use of the pod. I must have used it 30 or 40 times and have only ever had to use the back up bus service twice that I can think of. First time there was a fault at the Thistle end the second fault was at T5. Both times a replacement bus was available in minutes. Though the Thistle is getting a little tired now I find it too convenient to try elsewhere.The pub down the road does good meals as well.

lostantipod
    Participant

Not personally had an issue, I’ve probably used it 20 times since it opened. The only weird thing lately is that it’s been unavailable a few times when I’ve looked to book; and I had a booking in November for which I received an email a few weeks beforehand saying it would be a bus instead, but then a few days before I travelled, it was back in service. I have this nagging feeling the technology might be wearing out….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls